Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sagging roof

Steve_gray2

Steve_gray2

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi there,
We have had issues with our Ocean roof sagging since new 2 years ago. After last season local dealer recharged the system which they advised will sort the problem. However, after a few nights sagging returned. Now on 2nd trip away this year in France (nice) and the self inflating function has started to work for the 1st time. However, it’s pumping up the roof twice during the night which seems excessive.
Can anyone please advise what’s normal and whether another visit to the dealer is necessary on our return.
Many thanks

@calikev can this thread be merged with one of the many other roof sagging threads pls

I have my 2021 Ocean in with VW today for the same problem. The roof, does auto-raise after a period of time though. Would love to know how much SAG is acceptable - I was told 20-30cm on one side. That sounds ludicrous to me. The main problem/inconvenience is being woken up 2 times a night as the roof auto-raises. Keen to see if there is a fix.

I have my 2021 Ocean in with VW today for the same problem. The roof, does auto-raise after a period of time though. Would love to know how much SAG is acceptable - I was told 20-30cm on one side. That sounds ludicrous to me. The main problem/inconvenience is being woken up 2 times a night as the roof auto-raises. Keen to see if there is a fix.
1695225955056.png

Thanks, I'm wading through all of this right now. The VW garage said problems like this are referenced in VW technical bulletins for all to see? I'm currently looking for these. I will ask the VW centre for a link.

Back