Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sat Nav difficulties - anyone have a manual?

K

knwldgeseker

VIP Member
Vehicle
Motorhome
Hi All,

We're out here at the moment in Portugal and we're unable to use the sat nav - we've no operating manual for it as it is isn't covered in the media manual that came with the van.

You might think it should be intuitive - well so did I :rolleyes: :cool:

Biggest problems are I can't find out how to change the country setting (even though the map displays Portugal when it's not being used) and I can't get the display to automatically move to keep our location on the display as we travel - I have to manually scroll it every few minutes to re-centre.

VW customer assistance is of no use (we have to 'buy a manual at a dealer'......) when all we're looking for is a pdf download.

Can anyone help with either a download or instructions to at least sort the above two issues? Living off G-maps at the moment but phone keeps overheating.

Thanks

Knowledgeseeker

Hi All,

We're out here at the moment in Portugal and we're unable to use the sat nav - we've no operating manual for it as it is isn't covered in the media manual that came with the van.

Biggest problems are I can't find out how to change the country setting (even though the map displays Portugal when it's not being used) and I can't get the display to automatically move to keep our location on the display as we travel - I have to manually scroll it every few minutes to re-centre.

VW customer assistance is of no use (we have to 'buy a manual at a dealer'......) when all we're looking for is a pdf download.

Can anyone help with either a download or instructions to at least sort the above two issues? Living off G-maps at the moment but phone keeps overheating.

Thanks

Knowledgeseeker
It might help if you would tell us what year vehicle and which SatNav you have.
If you have a T5. 1 and RNS510 then there is a Manual in the Resources section.

Hi All,

Thanks

Knowledgeseeker
Hi you may not be loaded with the area you are touring Cali Chris has a video I had used to upload Northern Europe. This was for the T6 however the principle will be the same. It will take a long time even over strong WiFi.

Good luck.

Hi All,

Thanks

Knowledgeseeker
There is a pick list of areas if you get into it.

Hi All,

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply, I posted it in the GC section as we have a Knaus Boxdrive (VW Crafter) - sorry, didn't realise my profile doesn't show our model.

We have the upgrade option with the larger 8" display (''Discover Media''?)

Thanks for the link @Breeze1, I've tried that but it doesn't solve the problem. It's how to actually use the thing is the problem! Did your manual cover the sat nav?

Hi All,

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply, I posted it in the GC section as we have a Knaus Boxdrive (VW Crafter) - sorry, didn't realise my profile doesn't show our model.

Thanks for the link @Breeze1, I've tried that but it doesn't solve the problem. It's how to actually use the thing is the problem! Did your manual cover the sat nav?
Ok sorry haven’t bothered looking as had the T6 and Tiguan but this has a few more features.

Hi All,

Is this of any help?

Attachments

• VW Composition & Discover Media Infotainment Manual.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 20
Is this of any help?
Thanks @WelshGas, I think it will. I’ll work through it later but it looks like it will do the trick. That’s brilliant, thanks again.

Sorry for the late reply but my notifications are obviously not working properly, didn’t know about your post until I looked at the forum just now.

Back