Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Satnav software updates & upgrades

M

MisterTea

VIP Member
Hi. I'm wondering if anyone has had their built in Cali satnav updated since new?
Ours is a 2011 version and could do with updating road data, plus I wonder if the software itself is able to be upgraded to the latest user interface?

Anyone with experience of having this done?
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are two things at play. The firmware on the device which controls the functions. I don't think much has changed since 2011, other than a few minor bug fixes. However the maps are updated pretty regularly, so a few roads will have been added since 2011.

The official route is to get the update disk from VW - you stick in the disk wait 20 mins and your are upgraded. Think the disk costs about 200 quid

There are plenty of forums that explain how to do the upgrade for free, but you have to be quite technical and accept the risk that you might break the device (and of course it is breaking the law)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Gpsunderground is the place to look for information...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Re: Satnav software updates & upgrades

MisterTea said:
Hi. I'm wondering if anyone has had their built in Cali satnav updated since new?
Ours is a 2011 version and could do with updating road data, plus I wonder if the software itself is able to be upgraded to the latest user interface?

Anyone with experience of having this done?
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pm sent

Anyone know what the situation is with newly supplied units? We took delivery in March this year and the mapping for Spain was very out of date in September. Would we be likely to get any free updates ( if/when available) from the dealers?

Larkrise said:
Anyone know what the situation is with newly supplied units? We took delivery in March this year and the mapping for Spain was very out of date in September. Would we be likely to get any free updates ( if/when available) from the dealers?

Try asking, I'd be interested in what they say. I would have thought they would supply for warranty period.

Been trying to get updates for our Kenwood system - its almost impossible and I'd say I'm pretty good at finding things on the net.

We might just get a new system instead... :headbang

Stu's usually pretty helpful when it comes to things like this. I'm sure he'll be along shortly to help out as always. Oh - no he won't will he. He has been banned from the forum...

You've got to be kidding me.
Why???????

Back