Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Screen covers

BMVS-Camper-Hire

BMVS-Camper-Hire

Camperhire
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hello everyone

I am looking at purchasing some new screen covers for my campervans, I am pretty unimpressed with the internal fit VW Brandrup ones!

What does everyone else have and what do you think of them?

Cheers in advance

We have a http://www.silverscreens.co.uk/ and they're very good.

There was someone making covers that you could have branded - could be a good opportunity for you to advertise where the van has been hired from...

BMVS-Camper-Hire said:
Hello everyone

I am looking at purchasing some new screen covers for my campervans, I am pretty unimpressed with the internal fit VW Brandrup ones!

Cheers in advance

How about speaking to Angie at Bromsgrove Auto Trimmers and having some made like our Berghaus one and printed with the company logo :thumb

Stu said:
BMVS-Camper-Hire said:
Hello everyone

Cheers in advance

How about speaking to Angie at Bromsgrove Auto Trimmers and having some made like our Berghaus one and printed with the company logo :thumb

What are the covers like?

I love it. Really good quality and small enough to be unobtrusive to store, I'm pretty sure although I've yet to try it, they'll fit inside one of the deck chairs when folded.

There is a picture of ours on there but not a great picture -

http://www.batvw.com/70164/info.php?p=4&pno=0

BerghausCover.jpg

Stu said:
I love it. Really good quality and small enough to be unobtrusive to store, I'm pretty sure although I've yet to try it, they'll fit inside one of the deck chairs when folded.

There is a picture of ours on there but not a great picture -

http://www.batvw.com/70164/info.php?p=4&pno=0

Are they thermal?

No they aren't thermally lined.

They do however keep the van very dark and very cool in the sun and we've not felt the need to have it any warmer in the evenings. I think people get a little obsessed with thermal this and thermal that, if it gets cold I'll put the heater on.

Thanks Stu

Its the Thermal ones Im after. I think i'll go with Silver screens

I have a silver screen for mine and does work well. Main reason reflects the sun off the screen nicely to keep the Cali cooler and does block out the light :)
I wouldn't really know about keeping the Cali warmer ,but I'm not worried about that as stu said we have heaters :)
Another good design .. I put the cover on and then I can adjust a fold down or fold up window to give light if you wanted without taking the cover off ..
Downside it's slightly bulky compared to stu's and I store mine flat in the roof ..

A themal screen is essential for winter campervanning in the Alpes, and my vans go done there,so i need to have the right equipment to offer.

Cheers for help all. I must admit Stu's do look very neat though.

I have a Taylormade silver screen cover. Bought from them as I could not get through to Silverscreens on the phone to order. Works well so far.

Only drawback with thermal covers is the are quite bulky & take up a lot of room.

http://www.taylormade-covers.co.uk/

Another thumbs up for taylor made Oli, served us well for many years in both hot and cold weather, also dry really quickly. We have also had a Silver Screen on our MH which is virtually identical.

Silver screens turned up today. Very please with the qualtyi and how they fit :thumb

I tried the BAT one today and it does fit perfectly in the deck chair. :thumb

They've arrived and I have to say I'm very impressed, so much better than the useless Brandrup ones. :thumb

Markm said:
Choplee, silver screens one. Just need a van to put it on

Lol ... I have silver screens ... Slightly bulky ,but I love mine :).. "Never leave home without it "

Will the silver screens covers fit if you have wind deflectors fitted on the side windows?

Back