Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Windows blinds/ insulation

I

icic

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
I am looking at getting some black out/ insulation covers for the windows. There seem to be two methods, internal ones such as the Brandrup and external windscreen ones Rainbow covers etc. What are the advantages/ disadvantages of each system. I also have the brandrup window vents so imafine you can’t use that with the outside window covers, so how do you get ventilation with outside covers ?. With the internal I read that you can get condensation, is it bad or does it depend on the time of year, if used with the window vents would it be eliminated? I do fancy some wild camping so internal might be good, just concerned about the condensation.. any advice would be fantastic

There has been a lot of debate on this forum on this subject but here is a good thread to start with https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/windscreen-external-cover.27201/

My personal experience is the internal ones are fine and do the job but find the front a bit fiddly. Carry an external cover and use when the weather is cooler, advantages reduces internal condensation, keeps screen free from frost and snow, quick and easy to take on and off, keeps the van a bit snugger.

I use an external cover (the type that covers both doors and windscreen) in conjunction with Wind Deflectors on the doors. The Wind Deflectors hold the cover away from the door top and allow the window to be left open slightly for air ventilation.

I have just bought this ...
Olpro has a discount code at the moment which pops up when you go on their website. It took me a while to decide which screen cover to buy but the discounted price for this one swayed me! I am actually really pleased with it. It’s not too bulky and does what it’s supposed to. All the Olpro stuff I have bought so far has been very good - this product is a Maypole product.

i would be careful with that as the T5 and T6 screen covers are different

i would be careful with that as the T5 and T6 screen covers are different

Well it’s on the van right now and fits a treat. Out of interest, what am I supposed to be careful of?

Last edited:
Back