Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Screens - question from non-scientist

Lequimper

Lequimper

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
I want to get a windscreen cover both to insulate on cold nights and repel heat on hot days eg on the continent.

I’d prefer to have a black one (silver on the inside) just from a looks point of view but my underdeveloped science brain says I should get one with a silver outside too for best repelling heat.

Is that right or doesn’t it really make that much difference? It’s just that my better developed design brain keeps chipping in.

TIA

I want to get a windscreen cover both to insulate on cold nights and repel heat on hot days eg on the continent.

I’d prefer to have a black one (silver on the inside) just from a looks point of view but my underdeveloped science brain says I should get one with a silver outside too for best repelling heat.

Is that right or doesn’t it really make that much difference? It’s just that my better developed design brain keeps chipping in.

TIA

On a windscreen cover with black and silver, the silver side always goes on the outside to help repel heat on hot days. The black inside makes the inside dark as well as makes the van feel cooler.

On cold days, either way, it just helps to block out whatever light is there outside and the dark side keeps the heat from the heater inside.

The black and silver ones, usually mount inside the windscreen of the van. The cloth ones or fully silver on both sides - usually outside.

Hope that helps.

An outer screen cover will keep the inside of the glass at room temperature (zero or less condensation). An inside cover will keep the glass at outside temperature (quite a lot of condensation!). That’s physics :thumb

Back