Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

SD card slot

Kiwikamper

Kiwikamper

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
One slot on the infotainment unit holds the navigation card.
What can the second slot be used for?

One slot on the infotainment unit holds the navigation card.
What can the second slot be used for?

Music, podcasts etc. I tried it out when I got it but to be honest I can do everything through app connect on my phone so don’t bother.

Mike

Being I only use my phone as a phone - I use the SD for music and pod casts all the time.

I have a music playlist of several hundred ‘favourites’ in there on a big SD card & often turn off my phone altogether.

I have about 32,000 aires and campsites in the other slot, both slots covered with electrical tape to dissuade the boys from removing them.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

I have about 32,000 aires and campsites in the other slot, both slots covered with electrical tape to dissuade the boys from removing them.

How do you get the information onto the 2nd card? (aires and campsites) is there a web site where you can down load them? I would find this useful. Any assistance appreciated. Good luck with your touring.

How do you get the information onto the 2nd card? (aires and campsites) is there a web site where you can down load them? I would find this useful. Any assistance appreciated. Good luck with your touring.
You are probably going to hate me for this answer, but I cannot fully recall. I searched for the data, ran it through some conversion software - possibly on the VW site, and after some fiddling got it in an acceptable format on an SD card for my VW integrated sat nav.

This might be a good starting point:
http://www.europebycamper.com/2012/03/europe-gps-poi-files-for-autoroute.html?m=1

The icons are the same as pop up on my sat nav, but I don't have them all - only aires and campsites.

Hi Tom, as you say it’s a starting place. I’ll have a browse around and see what I can find.
Thanks for reply

Back