Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

SD Card slot

Kevintube1979

Kevintube1979

Kevpb
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 199 4 motion
I have noticed what I believe to be an SD card slot near the screen on my T6 California,my initial thoughts are that its for the sat nav if that option is fitted (I dont),or does it have another use?

Ours has one on the left of the screen which is for Sat Nav there is also on the right of the screen for the Media.

Yes mines on the right ...so what can it be used for?

I would expect media mp3 files

Ours has one on the left of the screen which is for Sat Nav there is also on the right of the screen for the Media.
You can insert the navigation SD card in both slots. The radio will pick up the navi data from the SD card, regardless if you put it in left or right.

Ok thanks not something I would use....or know how to use!
You put your music on the SD card, put the card in the radio, press media, listen to your music!

You can insert the navigation SD card in both slots. The radio will pick up the navi data from the SD card, regardless if you put it in left or right.
:thanks never even consider that

You put your music on the SD card, put the card in the radio, press media, listen to your music!
Yes sounds good however my music is on my Iphone and that means accessing Itunes which firstly is a nightmare to navigate and Apple wont allow you to download music to another source but I guess if you have Android it may work...but then again whats the point of putting music on to a card when its on your phone and you can connect it via app connect? all a bit daft if you ask me :bananadance2

Well, I have all my music on a real source. CD's. I converted my CD's to mp3 and put them on SD card, phone, tablet (both Android), without the need of a virtual source. If I pay for my music, I want it in my hands (call me old fashioned).
But indeed, if you connect your phone, you can play through bluetooth streaming.

:thanks never even consider that
I don't have a T6 radio, but tried it on my dad's T6. It worked, as well as the newest navigation map update 2020! (already) (and for free!)

Our VW Navigation SD card went in the right slot.

Yes sounds good however my music is on my Iphone and that means accessing Itunes which firstly is a nightmare to navigate and Apple wont allow you to download music to another source but I guess if you have Android it may work...but then again whats the point of putting music on to a card when its on your phone and you can connect it via app connect? all a bit daft if you ask me :bananadance2
As long as you have a signal of course. Some people visit places that don’t have good reception.

Hi Kevin
There is a setting in iTunes that will allow the music to be converted to Files that can be exported to your computer you simply then drag and drop from the computer to the SD card, I know what you mean regarding Apple, but it is a fairly simple process, various guides how to on Google

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Use it for your own POI :cool: