Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Additional T6 Options Info & New Brochure

I have been informed that there are new California options available on the Dealer Car Configurator:
  1. Paint: Solid Ontario Green.
  2. II8 Cupboards in white wood with outdoor shower connection.
  3. II7 Cupboards in white wood without shower.
  4. PAD Adaptive cruise control with 99 mph City Emergency Braking on the Ocean.
Other things that the November price list doesn't make clear or are missing:
  1. IY4 4Motion Mechanical diff lock.

2. 17” chassis and brake system standard on 204 PS model.
In the September model prices and data leaflets it states that the Beach and Ocean have a Heat Insulating Compound Glass Windscreen which must be a German translation which has gone slightly wrong and should read Laminated Windscreen.

I wonder as well as new colour options appearing there maybe other engine options to come as 150 and 204 petrol engines are available in Europe on some Transporter models? Only a thought!

Many thanks. Will make my dealer experience easier in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi to All
Can anyone tell me please.
Do the Cali 2017 come with heated front windows!!?
I'm told Vw have paid ford to use heated window system.
Can't find in options but have been told by sales that it would have heated front window.
!!!!!!!?????

Hi to All
Can anyone tell me please.
Do the Cali 2017 come with heated front windows!!?
I'm told Vw have paid ford to use heated window system.
Can't find in options but have been told by sales that it would have heated front window.
!!!!!!!?????
heated front window is a pay for option.

We ordered our Ocean in December 2015 and the heated Front Windscreen was a pay for option then. Cost was £315 + vat, code no.4GR. We have had Fords for years with the heated front screen and its brilliant on a frosty or damp morning, clears the windscreen in seconds.
The heated screen was covered by a Ford patent so only they could supply them, but I think the patent has either lapsed or other manufacturers are supplying them under licence from Ford.
I would be surprised if VW are including it for nothing in their 2016 /2017 price list, as they normally try and fleece us at every opportunity.

The heated screen was actually a Landrover patent, copied by ford when they owned them in about 2000 subsequently also used in Minis as a result of BMW owning landrover before Ford

My Caterham also had one - I don't know where they got the license...

I don't miss having one on the T5 as I tend to turn on the parking heater via the remote control to de-ice instead.

The heated screen was actually a Landrover patent, copied by ford when they owned them in about 2000 subsequently also used in Minis as a result of BMW owning landrover before Ford....

Hi Andy,

I could be wrong, but I was always under the impression that it was a Ford invention. My old man had 2 Ford Sierra Sapphire Cosworths (1991 'H' & a 1992 'K' plate.) The later definitely had it, possibly the 91H too.
Heated Front Windscreens were available long before 2000 on Ford vehicles.

The article mentions Ford having a version from 1985 & Landrover with a version from the early 1990's.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quickclear

Cheers

Last edited:
Back