Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sea-salt Toffee on the coast

Maud

Maud

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Another beautiful bright day for a ride out and a walk on the beach. Ariadne, however, is looking somewhat less brown and more grey - so for those who may be interested (as I was before ordering) this is what Toffee Brown looks like after a week of winter driving on gritted roads and a day by the sea in February (she was washed last weekend). I think she still looks beautiful :happy

My parents and all four dogs came too, and with two dogs in the rear, two in the middle, roof up and passenger seat swivelled round, there was still room to make three cups of tea/coffee and relax with a view and a biscuit! These Californias really are magnificent and I feel so lucky to have my own little slice of escapism on wheels :Grin

Maud

P2080109.JPG
IMG_2646.jpg
IMG_2658.jpg IMG_2652.jpg IMG_2648.jpg

And just because they are beautiful too, here are my girls on the beach. I think they are big fans of Ariadne too!

P2080075.JPG

Thanks, Jen; they are indeed a match made in heaven :happy

It is such a great sense of freedom, knowing I can go anywhere and the narrow winding lanes (some little more than dirt tracks) are avenues to be explored not avoided.

I can't wait to get away properly later in the year.

Maud

When I come down your bit of coast then you must tell me where it is. Probably be about May at current progress, I'm just about to round Cape horn ...

Well, Dunnet Head but in the winds of three weeks ago it could have been cape horn ...

Well, I'm allowed to be a drama Queen sometimes ...:oops:

Last edited:
Looks like a dog cage in the back holding the bed support up? Is there an opening in the top for the dogs for when the door is shut?

I love these pics of Cali interiors!

Looks like a dog cage in the back holding the bed support up? Is there an opening in the top for the dogs for when the door is shut?

The rear bed support/shelf is being held up by a stretchy strap attached to the headrests, motorcyclist. The dog crate does indeed have a zipped mesh opening on the top, along with mesh panels front, back and both ends. We had another, smaller crate behind the front seats too, and 'the old lady' with her crash-tested harness on the rear seat next to her 'gran'. :)

IMG_2657.jpg

Back