Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Seat belt wont regract back to reat position?

john mar

john mar

Basil
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi all

Can anybody shed light on my seat belt problem, the passenger n/s is stuck fully out . Thiis is the only way I can describe it.

Is there a way of unlocking it.

Thanks

John

Sometimes they will free up by a sharp tug, it’s stuck because it is at full extension the seat belt needs to be pulled forward for it to be able to retract.

If you cant free it that way you may have to have the trim panels off and unbolt it, turn it on it’s side and free it up.

Google search inertia seat belt and there should be some descriptions of how the seat belt works and that should give you an insight into why it’s jammed

Thank you It was stiff to pull out and then when my wife took it off it was stuck so I pulled it and it just kept coming out and wont go back .. thanks again

If it was stiff to pull out I suspect the belt was twisted somewhere in the B pillar. The return spring would not be strong enough to pull the belt back in if it is twisted through a guide.

The trim is easy to take off and you can then see how the belt is running in the guides.

There is a shoulder height adjustment at the top of the B pillar the belt passes through. My guess is the twist may be here.

Alan

Thank you All.

Done now , it was bothering me ,couldn't leave it.
In the boot at the bottom of the belt I sprayed this stuff and kept feeding it in and out and it worked. My wife said leave till tomorrow. I just couldn't thank you all the help

20200606_182255.jpg

Back