Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Seat Covers and other accessories

Niborn

Niborn

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
My Cali is going to be with me soon , sudden burst of excitement after the 7/8 month wait.... and I am thinking about seat covers , especially washable ones because of the dog .Does anyone know the difference between the INKA seat covers and the VW ones , the INKA seem to be £129 on Amazon, but they just say suitable for California 2014 and dont mention T6 or Ocean or airbags .

The VW ones are £200 and specifically say T6 , Ocean and airbag OK.

I rang Inka about their ones and they dont know, I made three calls. I have sent an email too, so far no reply.

Apart from this seat cover thing the other accessories I am thinking about are the

From VW

VW wheel arch shields
Bumper protectors
Door sill protectors
Headlight protectors

Any experiences and comments about these would be welcome, the fitted price is sometimes almost double the accessory price or anyway a lot more , so if you have fitted these please let me know if it is easy to do .

Other must haves asap

Gas bottle , wonder where best to buy this as the dealer does not offer one
Charging cable for Europe / UK
Bungee ? for roof

Any other things recommended , especially with dog in mind any ideas welcomed

Thank you .....

PS PS

I forgot I am also gong to go for the extended guarantee and thinking of the 5 years and 150,000 miles and also the 4 year gap insurance , back to invoice. These two things are costly but seem to be a good idea - any comments please welcomed too - thanks again

I do not know what millage you do but if 80k in 5 years there is a same cover as the 150k but cheaper from VW

If you have a dog, I would go for waterproof covers. We have two terriers and they generate a lot of mess...

We have just taken delivery of our new Beach - we have gone for the Jackyard seat covers - they are washable, feel good to sit on and look awesome! - well worth the investment!

BeanCovers.jpg

Wouldn't fancy having a crash with those seat covers on those side seat airbags are not going to work through those. I bet there not tested to ce standard

Bought Inka waterproof seat covers from Inka ebay £119
State suitable for 2014 onwards and airbag compliant
Got insurance through Camping and caravan club, included new for old replacement for 3 year, so no GAP insurance required
Extended factort warranty, Unless your going to do 30k miles per year, I'd opt for the 80k, £329 + vat, most Cali are a second vehicle
I took out the 4 year fixed service plan £720 + vat, 2 major services, 2 interim series and first MOT

My Cali is going to be with me soon , sudden burst of excitement after the 7/8 month wait.... and I am thinking about seat covers , especially washable ones because of the dog .Does anyone know the difference between the INKA seat covers and the VW ones , the INKA seem to be £129 on Amazon, but they just say suitable for California 2014 and dont mention T6 or Ocean or airbags .

The VW ones are £200 and specifically say T6 , Ocean and airbag OK.

I rang Inka about their ones and they dont know, I made three calls. I have sent an email too, so far no reply.

Apart from this seat cover thing the other accessories I am thinking about are the

From VW

VW wheel arch shields
Bumper protectors
Door sill protectors
Headlight protectors

Any experiences and comments about these would be welcome, the fitted price is sometimes almost double the accessory price or anyway a lot more , so if you have fitted these please let me know if it is easy to do .

Other must haves asap

Gas bottle , wonder where best to buy this as the dealer does not offer one
Charging cable for Europe / UK
Bungee ? for roof

Any other things recommended , especially with dog in mind any ideas welcomed

Thank you .....

PS PS

I forgot I am also gong to go for the extended guarantee and thinking of the 5 years and 150,000 miles and also the 4 year gap insurance , back to invoice. These two things are costly but seem to be a good idea - any comments please welcomed too - thanks again
Seat covers essential. I didn't but any before coming to spain and France on holiday in new van and now they are stained and sun creamed marked. I don't know how I will clean them when I get home. Really annoyed I didn't invest in covers.
My dealer threw in the rear door sill cover. Which is most useful.
The gas bottle i got from chorley gas supplies on ebay. £39 brand new bottle and superfast next day delivery .
Bought a bungee from club shop but haven't put it on. My bellows seem to fold in without any issues.
Lastly My van came with euro power lead adapter. I didnt know this and bought one before the van arrived. Check with dealer but I believe its included as standard.

Check out eBay for your filled gas bottle got ours cheaper with free next day delivery. Cables etc also came from eBay or the Cali shop.

I would avoid gas bottles on eBay as these are filled illegally, there was actually an article about this in the CC magazine a few years a go. Also anyone that offers to send a gas bottle via courier is going to be dodgy as it is also illegal to send these via post/courier.

Thank you for all the tips . Picked up my Cali Thursday and ive ordered these extras.

VW seat covers , relatively costly but as hantshog says essential , I'm not sure I'll stay with these but for now they will have to do , they were available should have been with the Cali but will now arrive next week TNT from the dealer . I would have had the very similar inka ones but liked the logo on the vw ones and there cannot be an airbag issue. I think at this stage I'll look out for a second hand set of brand up ones too, but no rush.

Spare wheel locking nut - club shop
Fitted Carpet for rear of boot and cab - club shop
Bungee - club shop
Levels - club shop
Rear bumper seal protector fitted particularly as the dog jumps up to the rear shelf when travelling etc - dealer

I took the 150,000 miles 5 year guarantee extension from vw , thinking is I don't know how much I will travel but this way I can do what I like .

Gap insurance probably 5 years with ALA later

Insurance with Safeguard , £421 with protected no claims

I bought the gas bottle from go outdoors camping , 79£ inc gas

I'm thinking now about a luggage box or trailer ? Any ideas . I would prefer a box but opening the rear door could be a pain and the trailer if used adds a lot of space and the option to take it or not , maybe only for longer trips , I don't want to loose the flexibility of the Cali

I would avoid gas bottles on eBay as these are filled illegally, there was actually an article about this in the CC magazine a few years a go. Also anyone that offers to send a gas bottle via courier is going to be dodgy as it is also illegal to send these via post/courier.
Luckily ours has been fine. Did not know about the courier.

Seat covers essential. I didn't but any before coming to spain and France on holiday in new van and now they are stained and sun creamed marked. I don't know how I will clean them when I get home. Really annoyed I didn't invest in covers.
My dealer threw in the rear door sill cover. Which is most useful.
The gas bottle i got from chorley gas supplies on ebay. £39 brand new bottle and superfast next day delivery .
Bought a bungee from club shop but haven't put it on. My bellows seem to fold in without any issues.
Lastly My van came with euro power lead adapter. I didnt know this and bought one before the van arrived. Check with dealer but I believe its included as standard.

Lots of people/threads on here recommend autoglym shampoo for cleaning the seats
Certain got off some marks off our other car.

We didn't go for seat covers ,have the Alcantara seats which I used Gtechniq smart fabric protection. All good so far. Chuck vetbed on the rear seats when the westies sit on it .

I wanted the Alcantara but the configurator said no unless I dropped other options ... its be a weight thing ?

Bought Inka waterproof seat covers from Inka ebay £119
State suitable for 2014 onwards and airbag compliant
Got insurance through Camping and caravan club, included new for old replacement for 3 year, so no GAP insurance required
Extended factort warranty, Unless your going to do 30k miles per year, I'd opt for the 80k, £329 + vat, most Cali are a second vehicle
I took out the 4 year fixed service plan £720 + vat, 2 major services, 2 interim series and first MOT
Bit harsh to disagree dave650
What did I suggest that you disagree with?