Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Seat covers... bonnet bras... that kind of thing

Hello. I'm so fresh to the scene that I haven't even got my new (well 2014) blue Beach yet but I'm still pondering kit. I'll be mostly at sailing events over weekends, so am happy to see what I need as I go along. However, if I'm to keep the seats and exterior in good shape, I'll probably have to start off on the right foot. So, I'd appreciate thoughts on the following:

Seat covers: You can spend a load on these!
- The van seats have the grey (and one blue) stripes (three-seat bench and two extra captains seats). I like the look and have seen matching covers but are they made anymore?
- I'm seeing baggy covers (cheaper) which don't look so good; and tight ones (expensive)… does it cost much more to actually recover them?

Bonnet protectors etc
I'm leaning towards just keeping well back of traffic and not charging around like a loon (I'm easy on the pedal anyway): will I kick myself?

Boot/bumper protector
The only marks on the van are by the boot where stuffs been dragged out. Are the protection strips much of a muchness? Any I should aim for?

Anything else I should be worrying about?

Thanks in advance!
Inka seat covers as we have dogs.
I had the bonnet wrapped , gloss black to match the bodywork Abd you wouldn’t know . Over a year now and no marks
Hello. I'm so fresh to the scene that I haven't even got my new (well 2014) blue Beach yet but I'm still pondering kit. I'll be mostly at sailing events over weekends, so am happy to see what I need as I go along. However, if I'm to keep the seats and exterior in good shape, I'll probably have to start off on the right foot. So, I'd appreciate thoughts on the following:

Seat covers: You can spend a load on these!
- The van seats have the grey (and one blue) stripes (three-seat bench and two extra captains seats). I like the look and have seen matching covers but are they made anymore?
- I'm seeing baggy covers (cheaper) which don't look so good; and tight ones (expensive)… does it cost much more to actually recover them?

Bonnet protectors etc
I'm leaning towards just keeping well back of traffic and not charging around like a loon (I'm easy on the pedal anyway): will I kick myself?

Boot/bumper protector
The only marks on the van are by the boot where stuffs been dragged out. Are the protection strips much of a muchness? Any I should aim for?

Anything else I should be worrying about?

Thanks in advance!
Inka seat covers as we have dogs and they were very good value .
Gloss black wrap on the bonnet to match the paintwork and you can’t tell the difference. 18mths now and no marks . Very pleased

I would completely agree Matt, we are all different creatures our Cali is more than a van to us as others will be to them, people buy for different reasons. Ours is pampered probably too much TBH, its the package we like, VW scene, the ownership, slight mods and I love keeping it as prestige as possible with the limited spare time I have. don't get me wrong I like camping as well. Unlike some others on here I like the look of a well fitted black bra ;) it contrasts against the colour or the van.
Personally I cringe when I see kids and dogs crawling all over vans, but that's their van and what they bought it for, so hay everyone to their own. I'm not promoting the bonnet bra I don't really care if you like them or have them I just wanted to give a balanced view that they don't damage paintwork if used correctly, just like any other component on our pride and joys.
Had a bonnet bra on my T5 for years with no issues and no stone chips. I'll be honest, it was fitted more for the look though rather than for protection. Now considering fitting one of those small hard black plastic bras to my silver T6 Beach, again, more for the look than protection.

I would completely agree Matt, we are all different creatures our Cali is more than a van to us as others will be to them, people buy for different reasons. Ours is pampered probably too much TBH, its the package we like, VW scene, the ownership, slight mods and I love keeping it as prestige as possible with the limited spare time I have. don't get me wrong I like camping as well. Unlike some others on here I like the look of a well fitted black bra ;) it contrasts against the colour or the van.
Personally I cringe when I see kids and dogs crawling all over vans, but that's their van and what they bought it for, so hay everyone to their own. I'm not promoting the bonnet bra I don't really care if you like them or have them I just wanted to give a balanced view that they don't damage paintwork if used correctly, just like any other component on our pride and joys.
Had a bonnet bra on my T5 for years with no issues and no stone chips. I'll be honest, it was fitted more for the look though rather than for protection. Now considering fitting one of those small hard black plastic bras to my silver T6 Beach, again, more for the look than protection.

Back