Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Seat sliding rail...what’s this?

zennorboy

zennorboy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
BF0A5F0D-1929-41A2-8946-EB89431D4770.jpeg Hi folks...having just purchased a ‘fifth seat’ for the bus I was somewhat perplexed to find it was impossible to fit it as there is some sort of end stop or plug screwed into the rail. I guess it must be the end stop for the bench seat (?). Having never ventured into these spaces before, I am seeking advice.

The rail in question is the one nearest the cupboards...there is nothing similar in the other two rails and the seat fits perfectly in the outer two rails, but that’s not where I want it.

If I unscrew and remove it will the bottom of the bus drop off?

Please excuse grubby fingers...full manicure tomorrow!

Zennorboy

View attachment 36675 Hi folks...having just purchased a ‘fifth seat’ for the bus I was somewhat perplexed to find it was impossible to fit it as there is some sort of end stop or plug screwed into the rail. I guess it must be the end stop for the bench seat (?). Having never ventured into these spaces before, I am seeking advice.

The rail in question is the one nearest the cupboards...there is nothing similar in the other two rails and the seat fits perfectly in the outer two rails, but that’s not where I want it.

If I unscrew and remove it will the bottom of the bus drop off?

Please excuse grubby fingers...full manicure tomorrow!

Zennorboy

If I unscrew and remove it will the bottom of the bus drop off? :upsidedown That did make me chuckle.

This is the STOP that prevents the bench seat going too far forward and corresponds with the right place to drop the bench to the bed position.
I removed it on our Beach as it is in the 3rd rail, and I wanted to put the 5th seat in the centre to keep the door free and give some extra leg room.

Thanks for help, advice and comment on my poor attempt at humour. You definitely need a sense of humour to own any VW bus!

I guess from Stonybroke’s comment that I can remove the ‘stop’ and just use a bit of judgement to position the bench seat to allow the bed to be deployed.

Thanks again for clarification.

I took the stop out and moved it to the rail nearest the door, so it still does it’s job. It was a bit fiddly but at least I won’t lose it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Take it out after 'marking' the runner, floor or cupboard with permanent marker or tape for bed position.
i have also moved the back stop so the seat headrests don't touch the overhead locker for when the bedding and rear shelf is out for 'day van mode' which gives a bit more room.

• Agree
Reactions: Loz
Had I half a brain left I would have thought of the excellent ‘remedies’ supplied by rupertpoon and EddieEagle...thank heavens for thoughtful people and useful and objective advice courtesy of our CaliforniaClub.

Thanks everyone.

Back