Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Seeing the Light

Private_Kelly

Private_Kelly

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Anyway here am I waiting with much anticipation for my brand new California Coast which is due at the end of January fingers crossed.
Now there are two reasons I opted for the Coast firstly is cost and secondly is options. Now options are a matter of opinion and the more I look at the options list the more aghast I am at how much VW are charging for them. Let me use this one as a prime example. Lighting.
The Ocean comes as standard with a number of extra lights in the habitation area. Two on the tailgate a couple more upstairs and an ambient lighting strip under the kitchen unit. All very nice and a fairly useful addition. So as I mulled over the options list I considered adding this to my build. However, now I hope you are sitting down, the price for this is £724. Crikey I thought. No way am I paying that.
So I had a quick look on Amazon and found these for the grand total of £27.00. They can be charged by usb and can be switched on or activated by movement when dark. You get three in a pack and are good quality with a nice aluminium finish and they attach with a magnetic strip so can easily be removed for charging. Should go well in the Cali. So there we are £27 or £724.

62787409-71F2-4253-8038-A52E5DB7891D.jpeg

Anyway here am I waiting with much anticipation for my brand new California Coast which is due at the end of January fingers crossed.
Now there are two reasons I opted for the Coast firstly is cost and secondly is options. Now options are a matter of opinion and the more I look at the options list the more aghast I am at how much VW are charging for them. Let me use this one as a prime example. Lighting.
The Ocean comes as standard with a number of extra lights in the habitation area. Two on the tailgate a couple more upstairs and an ambient lighting strip under the kitchen unit. All very nice and a fairly useful addition. So as I mulled over the options list I considered adding this to my build. However, now I hope you are sitting down, the price for this is £724. Crikey I thought. No way am I paying that.
So I had a quick look on Amazon and found these for the grand total of £27.00. They can be charged by usb and can be switched on or activated by movement when dark. You get three in a pack and are good quality with a nice aluminium finish and they attach with a magnetic strip so can easily be removed for charging. Should go well in the Cali. So there we are £27 or £724.

View attachment 70882
Well, an interesting fact for you - those who order the £724 option, still have to use these additional lights, as the lights, especially the ones inside the cupboard are far behind and if there are any utensils/other item in front, then you are effectively groping in the dark. :D

Better than these are string lights - such as these - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07B4VZWKM/?tag=eliteelect-21 which spread the light better all around, especially in the cupboards. :thumb

1608486212483.png

View attachment 70882
Used similar lights in cupboards/drawers in my Ocean that are by default unlit. They perform really well.