Selling our Cali, building my own camper van

motacyclist

motacyclist

Colin
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
I've made a start on making my own camper, took less than an afternoon so far.

It already has more than the standard Cali

4 burner hob
Microwave
Oven
Hot & cold
Fridge
Clock in living area
Washing machine
Even a phone holder!

Beat that, Mr VW ;)

It's easy, and you can get the stuff from Argos :D

IMG_0729.jpg IMG_0730.jpg

now that's a motorhome

I think I can see a faint moulding fault. I'd reject it!

Excuse the bungees, I have a bellows bungee on order which will be more tasteful.

The shower will be sorted as soon as I find the watering can; I'm still working on the toilet issue. ;)

I think I can see a faint moulding fault. I'd reject it!
Ohhh - back to Argos tomorrow then; we'll see how good their customer service is!

Lovely conversion but the real question is:
Which is better, to have the fitted kitchen and a narrow bed or no kitchen and a wider bed? :Nailbiting

Lovely conversion but the real question is:
Which is better, to have the fitted kitchen and a narrow bed or no kitchen and a wider bed? :Nailbiting
No problem with this one, just lift the kitchen out at night. Can be stored under the van (but don't run over it next day so keep the keys in the fridge so you can't drive off) ... I'm calling this the Barbi Ocean Beach SE version.

You see, VW thought they were clever putting the seats in the tailgate, but they never thought of this :D

No problem with this one, just lift the kitchen out at night. Can be stored under the van (but don't run over it next day so keep the keys in the fridge so you can't drive off) ... I'm calling this the Barbi Ocean Beach SE version.

You see, VW thought they were clever putting the seats in the tailgate, but they never thought of this :D
Love the name. Will there be a Ken version for the alpha male?
I assume girly pink will be the only colour option?
The way you have solved the Cali roof problems is ingenious. Who would have thought of doing away with it altogether? That's truly inspired!

I've made a start on making my own camper, took less than an afternoon so far.

It already has more than the standard Cali

4 burner hob
Microwave
Oven
Hot & cold
Fridge
Clock in living area
Washing machine
Even a phone holder!

Beat that, Mr VW ;)

It's easy, and you can get the stuff from Argos :D

View attachment 11262 View attachment 11263
Very pretty, no germanic grey on that one then!

Have to query your choice of base vehicle Colin. Does not look like a VW to me? Could result in much debate! ;)

Well it's not a Transit. Could be a Vauxhall Vivaro?

Don't think it's a Vivaro. My money is on a Transit Connect. Any other votes?

10 points for Owen_h :) !

It's a LWB crew cab (?), the one with windows behind the driver and 6 seats. Spare company van at present. It's very nice to drive, almost as quiet as a Cali and actually quieter than the Sportline van the company has, probably because it has a bulkhead and the Transporter doesn't.

All the best for the future matey, I have enjoyed reading your posts.

Sad to see you go Colin, I wish you all the luck in the world with your new adventures.

I'll be sticking around as it looks like I'll have to keep the Cali now, Izzy (our grand daughter) wants her kitchen back! :D

Back