Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Service batteries

I'm trying motors
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
hello to all, how many service batteries are there in Cali t6 ocean and where are they located? I read that there could be two, but depending on accessories fitted?
Salutoni

Engine battery under bonnet.
Leisure battery under Front seat - Passenger seat on RHD, and , I think, Drivers seat on LHD.
Leisure battery + Charger under rear wardrobe. Access via a panel in the boot space on the L Hand side.

So, if I understand correctly, the service batteries, apart from the engine, there are two, okay?

Correct. On the Ocean.

Excuse, a leisure battery is dedicated to the fridge and the 'other battery service to other electrical equipment when Cali has the engine off?.
Only Ocean model has this shape?
The engine battery is then not affected by the current consumption for the various electrical services ....
thanks again x the answers ...

Excuse, a leisure battery is dedicated to the fridge and the 'other battery service to other electrical equipment when Cali has the engine off?.
Only Ocean model has this shape?
The engine battery is then not affected by the current consumption for the various electrical services ....
thanks again x the answers ...
Both leisure batteries are wired in parallel to give a 12 v 150 amp hour equivalent leisure battery.
There is NO dedicated leisure battery for the fridge.

The engine battery , besides being used for engine start and the external vehicle lights, runs the front cab lights in the central roof console, by the drivers mirror, the "California" step light by the sliding door step and the 12v socket cigarette lighter socket IN the dashboard.

The services of the AGM batteries are without acid?
Boat use only Optima batteries that besides not causing vapors, will last a lifetime ...
Salutoni

AGM is Absorbed Glass Mat battery, they are sealed and don't need ventilation like a lead acid and can be discharged more than a lead acid without doing damage so better for leisure purposes.

Always worth checking though my battery should be AGM but was in fact a lead acid (albeit higher capacity).