Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Service due , how much can I go over ?

Adamvanman

Adamvanman

VIP Member
We are currently traveling around Scotland and the display says service due in in 20 days, we are not due back until late May and was just wondering how much you are allowed to go over?

Personally I wouldn't worry too much about the few weeks.

I had something similarly on an X5 and BMW were pretty chilled (still under warranty) . The countdown dropped from 3000miles to -800miles in the space of two weeks and a few hundred miles.

We are currently traveling around Scotland and the display says service due in in 20 days, we are not due back until late May and was just wondering how much you are allowed to go over?

Servicing
Your vehicle should be serviced in accordance with the manufacturer's recommendations. Any damage to or defect in the vehicle caused by poor or insufficient servicing will not be remedied under the vehicle's warranty. Please ensure that you maintain sufficient records to enable our Authorised Network to confirm that the vehicle has been appropriately serviced. In any event, please ensure that the service schedule booklet in your vehicle is stamped by the business carrying out the service work, or detailed invoices supplied with date, mileage, plus specified parts and fluids used.

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/warranty/new-car/terms-and-conditions

When our first service fell due in Spain, we phoned ahead to a garage, explained our situation, and they booked us in.

Most servicing is variable and measures the quality of the oil and uses numerous algorithms to provide a figure. The figure it provides is an estimate and can vary depending on how the vehicle is used. It can also vary overnight without use.

Our X5 was booked in from the moment the warning came up (we had a service pack). The fact it chose to lose nearly 4000miles in a few hundred miles would not be our legal responsibility.

Just phone the dealer and make an appointment soon after you get back

Which service is it? Could you not plan a stopover near a van centre and get it done while you are away?

I recently had an oil change done, pre-booked, but I waited while it was done and was on the road an hour later. They even did one of those videos of the underside in that time.

They are usually based upon miles or time, whichever comes first. I would just book it in for when you are back, assuming its not a major one like a cam belt service?