Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Servicing- Is this the sign of things to come?

That’s the joy of owning a Mercedes. But that’s not all I think they have an inbuilt clock that strikes at one day after the 3 year warranty expires and then that’s when you start racking up the big bills..I had a new SLK and the most memorable thing about it was when I got rid of it..After 2 complete back to metal resprays...

Its the AMG SLC so later version of the SLK with about 400bhp

My current man maths is working out as follows:
(SLC + aircon + Auto is £30k) + (Morgan +4 no aircon, manual is £40k) = (Newly released Morgan Plus Four with aircon & Auto is £70k)

Do I swap 2 cars for 1?

That’s the joy of owning a Mercedes. But that’s not all I think they have an inbuilt clock that strikes at one day after the 3 year warranty expires and then that’s when you start racking up the big bills..I had a new SLK and the most memorable thing about it was when I got rid of it..After 2 complete back to metal resprays...
I owned a SL55 AMG a few years ago. Beautiful car and fun to drive but when it came to maintenance/repair, nothing was ever less than £1000.

I had an slk 55 amg. Only thing that ever went wrong was an a/c leak which the crummy main dealer was insistent not covered by the warranty. Found and fixed it myself in the end (o ring). This was the Chrysler era and not touched one since. Im running out of cars not to buy now though. Merc, VAG efforts, Porsche. Looks like its time for a Kia, these guys are going to clean up.

It makes you wonder why the big name manufacturers don't offer 7 Yr Warranties like some of the new kids on the block like Kia or Ssang Yong.

It makes you wonder why the big name manufacturers don't offer 7 Yr Warranties like some of the new kids on the block like Kia or Ssang Yong.
If Kia or Ssang Yong latch onto the demand for high quality Campervans and enter the European market maybe VW will review their stance. Not holding my breath :)

I'm guessing that the European manufacturers have too much vested in their dealer networks, who make a very large proportion of their profits selling extended warranties. That may be not so true for the 'newer entrants'.

Same as 'paint protection' - the manufacturers could do that in the factory, but everyone can make more money if the dealer persuades to starry-eyed customer to accept an up-sell at the point of sale.

Its the AMG SLC so later version of the SLK with about 400bhp

My current man maths is working out as follows:
(SLC + aircon + Auto is £30k) + (Morgan +4 no aircon, manual is £40k) = (Newly released Morgan Plus Four with aircon & Auto is £70k)

Do I swap 2 cars for 1?
No just keep the Morgan +4.. The Mercedes will be worth nothing in a few years. The Morgan will be worth what you paid for it...A bit like the California..

Despite loading the app and signing up to the VW site I can’t see or access any servicing information. I’ve no idea TBH what’s been serviced, checked or replaced in 3 years, the new online system in my opinion is a real step backwards for the owners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's well known that driving on the left makes the cambelt wear much more quickly. That's why in Germany a cam belt lasts 100,000 km or ten years, while in the UK you start playing cam belt roulette after 4 years (so we are told).
:upsidedown
It’s actually 200,000 km in Germany.

Our Cali is a 4 motion and like our Skoda needs to have the Haldex gear oil changed at about 4years. (our local garage technician says that it is important!) The service plan we purchased seems not to cover this oil change. so I contacted VW about the level of cover and received the response below.
Servicing which is not the full job!
My understanding of your complaint is you are unhappy with the level of cover under your Fixed Price Servicing (FPS) plan
My Investigation
You contacted us on 16th January 2020 to query what was covered under your FPS plan and you were not happy that your Fixed Price Servicing plan did not cover the Maintenance of the vehicle.
There were several pieces of work that you thought would be covered under the FPS plan however; when you queried these pieces of work with myself I advised they were not covered. You believed the following should have been included: Gearbox inspection and oil replacement, Driveshaft Inspection and oil replacement etc. After reviewing your agreement the work you deemed necessary for your vehicle is excluded from your FPS plan.
I can confirm your FPS plan includes one minor and one major service. The minor service will include an oil service and inspection with a pollen filter change. The major service will include an oil service and inspection and replacement filters including the oil filter, air filter and pollen filter.
I can confirm our service plans are brand aligned for all vehicles and not model specific and this plan was provided as a goodwill gesture so will only cover what I have stated above, any further maintenance you wish to have carried out on your vehicle would need to be done so at your own expense.
My Decision
In light of the above I am unable to uphold your complaint; I am unable to amend the terms of our FPS plans as they are tailored to only cover the cost of the service and parts as stated above. If you do not require the plan as you wish to purchase a plan more suited to your needs, please contact our customer services team on 0370 010 2022 so they can arrange the termination of the FPS plan, please be advised that as this was a free of charge FPS plan so there would be no refund due if you wish to terminate the plan.
Once again, thank you for contacting us and providing us with the opportunity to review your complaint.
Yours sincerely
George Sim
Customer Resolutions Executive 0800 9123 560 customerresolutions@vwfs.co.uk

Interesting response, my plan was PURCHASED- not free and when I had the recent service, also told to pay for items ( the van was less than 3 years old ) decided to not take advantage of the plans for future maintenance/ servicing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 2017 T6 4Motion Ocean will be due it’s second service soon as it will have covered 20k miles since it’s first service. I understand this is a major service. Can anyone tell me what is carried out as part of this service please?

The reason I am asking is, I have been given my next service free by VW Customer Service due to them being unable to provide a courtesy vehicle when it was in the body shop for a week for a warranty repair.

My 2017 T6 4Motion Ocean will be due it’s second service soon as it will have covered 20k miles since it’s first service. I understand this is a major service. Can anyone tell me what is carried out as part of this service please?

The reason I am asking is, I have been given my next service free by VW Customer Service due to them being unable to provide a courtesy vehicle when it was in the body shop for a week for a warranty repair.
As detailed in Post 37, above.

I can confirm your FPS plan includes one minor and one major service. The minor service will include an oil service and inspection with a pollen filter change. The major service will include an oil service and inspection and replacement filters including the oil filter, air filter and pollen filter.

Back