Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Servo-assisted tailgate lock problem - help please!

bassbikemike

bassbikemike

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174 4Motion
Several google searches have drawn blanks on this... hence the new post.

I have just been moving some badly installed audio gear to its new location under the drivers seat. My cali is a 2006 2.5 SE 4motion. I have had it a few months. All the Audio gear had been badly installed (by Toad no less) in the wardrobe. The wiring was a total mess and the thought of it getting hot in there amongst clothing while using that van in hot weather didn't fill me with delight!! The connector blocks were inadequate and one of them had actually partially melted!!

Anyway... all nicely installed now under the drivers seat after a mission rerouting the substantial loom! Trouble is the boot lock servo has stopped working. Given that, I see from other posts, that the central locking loom passes under the driver's seat, I suspect perhaps that the power supply to the boot lock does too and that I may have disturbed it. Can anyone confirm where this cable runs, the colour of the cable and location of any fuses please?

Many thanks

Several google searches have drawn blanks on this... hence the new post.

I have just been moving some badly installed audio gear to its new location under the drivers seat. My cali is a 2006 2.5 SE 4motion. I have had it a few months. All the Audio gear had been badly installed (by Toad no less) in the wardrobe. The wiring was a total mess and the thought of it getting hot in there amongst clothing while using that van in hot weather didn't fill me with delight!! The connector blocks were inadequate and one of them had actually partially melted!!

Anyway... all nicely installed now under the drivers seat after a mission rerouting the substantial loom! Trouble is the boot lock servo has stopped working. Given that, I see from other posts, that the central locking loom passes under the driver's seat, I suspect perhaps that the power supply to the boot lock does too and that I may have disturbed it. Can anyone confirm where this cable runs, the colour of the cable and location of any fuses please?

Many thanks
If you are a VIP member then there are Fuse Layout diagrams in the Download section, the trouble is the actual location of the fuse varies from year to year and even vehicle.
However, I would check the fuses in the Central Console, under the tray opening , if you have 1. It could be a 15/20 amp fuse.
There is a main loom that runs between the cabin seats , in a channel of the insulation mat. The main loom for the rear runs along the kitchen side of the vehicle behind the kitchen lights.

Apologies for the very slow response. I have hit a very busy patch... so further investigations on my side may have to wait. Very much appreciate your help though WG. I am a VIP member, so will take a look at the Downloads section when it comes to it. Thanks again.

Back