Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Severn Bore

Californiaman

Californiaman

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Anyone Cali'ing near the river Severn? There are predictions of a 10m bore tonight!

I've only ever seen 3/4m bores and they're scary enough!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I'd like to see some pictures of that! :thumb

(I'm fed up of the blood moon ones now! :D)

I led a group of bikes on a run to see it a few years ago as it happens. I got everyone up really early the morning after a very sociable evening... We were a bit early and they all thought I was extracting the michael.... Until this roaring noise started and the river started to flow the wrong way. I'd love to see tonight event but wouldn't be able to make it in time 8-(
I've normally seen it from Minsterworth but think I would want to be a bit higher up for this one!!!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Sorry , but at first was't clear on what you meant , for me not being Englisch .
So i seen this once in France on the river Garronne near Bordeaux more then ten years ago ....suddenly very high tide coming up from the other direction , from sea...
Very strange indeed , my brother in- law was waiting on his surfboard to catch the waves ( tougheter with few 100 others...) .
It has his influence by the moon no?

I believe there are something like 7 bore tides around the world. In this instance, it is a very regular occurrence. It is especially good when there is a high tide - and the moon heavily influences that, The 'Supermoon' means it will be especially high tonight!

Did you see it then? Any photos?!