Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Shelf to fit across roof opening with Roof Up.

We do the same with a laminate floor board just happens to be the same colour as the Ocean Kitchen

You could screw the brackets on a wall in the house and take the shelf
with you when going camping.
Therefore you only need to buy 1 shelf.o_O
Saving the planet.
:thumb
Could use the brackets as " chocks ".:D

E4D6544B-B338-49A2-85CD-D6ACCD3DB2F5.jpeg Made mine out of four slats gaffer taped together so it folds and fits in, and will follow the contours of, the roof door channel. It fits in the roof space when travelling.

Made one myself from 10mm ply. The cutouts are for the 12V socket and the roof fastening brackets in the Beach. Must now make two more cutouts for the light switches in our new Coast.Thinking about re-doing the whole thing in 3mm Dibond (same material as the Cali kitchen shelves)

collage4vw-jpg.7686

This is great. One of those minor things that I liked better about the MB Marco Polo was this shelf. Thanks for the inspiration.

When the shelf is in situ, can you still climb down to use toilet etc, or does it have to be removed?
A child could easily, an adult would probably have to remove it.

Or just put a urine bottle on the shelf no need to move shelf or get down

I assume all of these shelf type fixings are for people that sleep downstairs? If it's for sleeping upstairs why don't you just close the "hatch"?

I assume all of these shelf type fixings are for people that sleep downstairs? If it's for sleeping upstairs why don't you just close the "hatch"?

correct in our case

That certainly makes more sense than for sleeping upstairs

.... which is why this threw me. This suggests he's sleeping upstairs
Useful for putting stuff on during the day.

Use mine as a tv shelf ~ see pic further up the thread.

Looks great.

Can anyone point us to the post about the storage unit that fits alongside the bench seat and partly down into the step. It was stupidly expensive and you could get it with or without a usb socket. If I'm going to get some board to make a shelf, I thought I'd get enough to have a go at making on those cabinets.

Forum search and Google don't seem to be able to find the post for me :-( Hope someone has bookmarked it somewhere.

Back