Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

About to do it...

Properjob

Properjob

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
So... after months of raking over everyone else's specs and comments it's our turn... cogitation over and about to place an order. We've flirted with the Mercedes but don't think it's going to match our needs as well so here's what we are almost certainly going to go for.. welcome any thoughts or challenges!
  • Ocean 204 dsg
  • Reflex silver
  • Shower
  • Extra seat
  • Cascavel wheels - black and alloy
  • All weather tyres
  • Composition Media Radio with 6.33" touch screen
  • App Connect
  • Lockable storage
  • Bed extension with comfort sleeping mat
  • Adaptive cruise
  • Parking sensors and rear camera
  • LED lights
  • Chrome package
  • HD Anti-roll bars (and possibly lowering after we've tried the HD ARB)
  • Tow bar
  • Awning Silver
  • Heated front windscreen
  • Laminated glass package in cab
  • 4 remote control keys
  • 80 litre fuel tank
  • Uprated Battery
  • Driver Alert with premium multi-function display
  • Interior lighting plus
  • Magnetic flashlight

So... after months of raking over everyone else's specs and comments it's our turn... cogitation over and about to place an order. We've flirted with the Mercedes but don't think it's going to match our needs as well so here's what we are almost certainly going to go for.. welcome any thoughts or challenges!
  • Ocean 204 dsg
  • Reflex silver
  • Shower
  • Extra seat
  • Cascavel wheels - black and alloy
  • All weather tyres
  • Composition Media Radio with 6.33" touch screen
  • App Connect
  • Lockable storage
  • Bed extension with comfort sleeping mat
  • Adaptive cruise
  • Parking sensors and rear camera
  • LED lights
  • Chrome package
  • HD Anti-roll bars (and possibly lowering after we've tried the HD ARB)
  • Tow bar
  • Awning Silver
  • Heated front windscreen
  • Laminated glass package in cab
  • 4 remote control keys
  • 80 litre fuel tank
  • Uprated Battery
  • Driver Alert with premium multi-function display
  • Interior lighting plus
  • Magnetic flashlight
Wow

I think, as your name implies, you have done a proper job on your list. Can’t see anything left out. Very nice!

black awning on a silver cali .... looks better and is cheaper .... :)

Like philme, the only thing I would have changed is the silver for lack awning (for looks, the £ is a bonus).

Thanks for that - the awning colour is something we've debated loads - I agree that the awning itself in black would look good but figured that having the rail on both sides in black stands out and draws attention to the pop-up roof. So was hoping that the metal coloured rails would look better. There are so few pictures though on line I check with - I've trawled a lot!

Very nice and similar to the spec we are looking at (we're thinking candy white with the same wheels as you).

No electric sliding door? With the 4 keys you're buying anyway it's not that much more?

I'd also say black awning.

Doesn't the uprated battery come with DSG anyway?

I thought that about the uprated battery because I'm sure it says it somewhere - maybe on the configurator that you couldn't select a different battery on a DSG - but when I questioned it the dealer looked it up and it was certainly an option which could be selected ... we shall see!

The 4 keys logic was more because of the relatively cheap price compared to replacing them (which I once tried to do with a BMW and was shocked at the price and hassle) so they're more just as spares. Don't want the electric door though it's noisier than manual and something else to use the battery...

Exciting day of commitment tomorrow... it's order day!

And we've tweaked the spec a tiny bit .. changed from reflex silver and silver awning to indium grey and black awning ... plus added blue tooth premium since the phone is going to be stuffed in the dash most of the time it's worth giving it a hand to get a signal.... and then the wait begins and the wild purchasing of "essentials" and visits to shows!

I thought that about the uprated battery because I'm sure it says it somewhere - maybe on the configurator that you couldn't select a different battery on a DSG - but when I questioned it the dealer looked it up and it was certainly an option which could be selected ... we shall see!

The 4 keys logic was more because of the relatively cheap price compared to replacing them (which I once tried to do with a BMW and was shocked at the price and hassle) so they're more just as spares. Don't want the electric door though it's noisier than manual and something else to use the battery...

I love my electric door but the clunk it makes when closing makes me cringe sometimes. A very useful clunk though, when I'm dashing off to the loo, that is when I'm stopping on campsites that have them, I can here the door clunk when I'm about there and at least I know that I've closed it :D

The 4 keys for £70 is a no-brainer. A lot of dealers offer "lost key" insurance to cover the cost of replacement and the premium alone is more than £70, I believe I was quoted £96 on my son's Skoda.

Uprated battery is an option even on DSG, worth it though if wild or permissive camping is on the menu.

I love my electric door but the clunk it makes when closing makes me cringe sometimes. A very useful clunk though, when I'm dashing off to the loo, that is when I'm stopping on campsites that have them, I can here the door clunk when I'm about there and at least I know that I've closed it :D

The 4 keys for £70 is a no-brainer. A lot of dealers offer "lost key" insurance to cover the cost of replacement and the premium alone is more than £70, I believe I was quoted £96 on my son's Skoda.

Uprated battery is an option even on DSG, worth it though if wild or permissive camping is on the menu.
Thanks Jen I'll certainly try for the updated battery

I'm not sure you left anything off the list of options did you? :D
What a fantastic Cali !!!

Thanks! It certainly should be and fully ordered now. Can't wait :thumb

Did they give you an estimated date?
I ordered today and was told late December/early January.

Good for you! Good times ahead.... I wasn't given a time because I said I'm going to wait til March since we've not got opportunity to use it much before then and be nice to get new reg. either way they said they would get a proper date in Dec.

So important bit... what did you go for??

You must have some patience to wait that long I would be desperate to get my hands on it

• DSG
  • Mojave (and the B word :D )
  • Privacy Glass
  • Heated Front Screen
  • Adaptive Cruise Control
  • Front and Rear Parking Sensors with Reversing Camera
  • Black Awning Housing
  • Composition Media 6.33
  • App Connect
  • 2 USB's (No additional cost but told they had to be ticked on the build options)
  • Bed extension with Comfort Mattress
  • Bike rack...
Kylie or Quasimodo to be confirmed when I have made my mind up.
Now don't scoff people but I'm leaning towards Quasimodo:pinkbanana:eek::pinkbanana :Iamsorry

I am desperate! And my poor wife thought that, because I've put the order in, I'd stop reading this forum and banging on about calis all the time.... she wasn't pleased when she realised that it's only going to get worse!

Nice spec and see it's another one for SMG Tonbridge... that's where ours is coming from too. Kylie is a great name... I think we're going to wait to see what name seems right (having renamed our daughter after a day with one name!)

Nice spec and see it's another one for SMG Tonbridge... that's where ours is coming from too. Kylie is a great name... I think we're going to wait to see what name seems right (having renamed our daughter after a day with one name!)
Thank you!
and Ha!
You've miss understood.
Kylie and Quasimodo are nick names for the T5 and T6 bike racks. One of course has a rep for being more aesthetically pleasing than the other. I'd have thought we could have been more conventional with Esmeralda though??
But actually you have hit on something.
Perhaps which ever Bike rack I end up with I'll call the Cali the other....better hope I end up with the quasi rack though in that case.:embarrased

Anyway...Tonbridge yes. Did you deal with Martin?

Thank you!
and Ha!
You've miss understood.
Kylie and Quasimodo are nick names for the T5 and T6 bike racks. One of course has a rep for being more aesthetically pleasing than the other. I'd have thought we could have been more conventional with Esmeralda though??
But actually you have hit on something.
Perhaps which ever Bike rack I end up with I'll call the Cali the other....better hope I end up with the quasi rack though in that case.:embarrased

Anyway...Tonbridge yes. Did you deal with Martin?
Ah :embarrased Both good names though!

We dealt with Laine at Tonbridge - very helpful

Back