Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Shock horror: VW admits emission problems.

No manufacturer is immune from this. VW management are scared stiff because of the American scandal and fall out so they jump before the rest. Will it slow down California production - Yes would seem the obvious answer but who knows in these times of hysteria and bad press.

I agree; it seems to me that VW are trying to get ahead of the game on this one in light of 2015's DieselGate; I imagine many large volume vehicle manufacturers will be struggling to deal with the more rigorous and "real-life" emissions tests that they all now need to comply with; as time goes by and these new tests become the "norm" then they will improve efficiency to get their vehicles approved such that it doesn't affect production. Clearly VW are now taking on a more transparent approach, which will possibly help them win back some of the trust they lost a few years ago.

When we ordered our new Cali a week or so ago, the dealer did not say there would be delays explicitly related to emissions testing but the WLTP form we had to sign said exactly that, i.e. "...it is possible that the lead time for your chosen model may be extended".

Cali production has stopped on MY18 and MY19 due to start again in September I hear. This coincides with the new emissions standards the EU are introducing to replicate "real driving" conditions. I expect all VW engines for cars and commercials will be effected. A friend has just picked up a brand new Mercedes saloon and the dealer said they've stopped production on some diesels as there are fields of cars in Europe which if not sold before the new stricter regime may be go unsold or need some retrofit to make them legal.

Why is that "shock horror" ?
We all new this facts allready ....

Shock horror are bommings in the midlle east ,
VW (and others) emmisions scandels are not news anymore but common facts.

I read the "Shock Horror" in the thread title as a little witty sarcasm ;)

HC we love you, we're just going to have to give you a lesson in British irony...

(And I'm sure you will get it, it's only Americans who can't).
:upsidedown

Americans know all about irony.

Isn't it Irony and Steelery that's at the heart of Trump's new trade war? :(

Americans know all about irony.

Isn't it Irony and Steelery that's at the heart of Trump's new trade war? :(

One of my (many) fave Blackadder lines:
"Baldrick, have you no idea what irony is?"
"Yes Mr B, it's like goldy and bronzy only it's made out of iron."

"Black Adder, Black Adder, with many a cunning plan..." :thumb

I feel a Blackadder binge watch is the order of the day ;)

The amount of CO2 produced by Cali drivers is also higher than expected. (deep sigh)

Irony is the opposite of wrinkly I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is this why when i orderrd my california with a oct date they seem to have rushed it through and now its being made in August, maybe to miss the new emissions wltp tests (not sure if thats a bad or good thing?)

Back