Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Should I expect more?

I'm no tyre expert so you may well be right. All I would say is that regarding repairs to Michelin run flat tyres specifically, various web sites say that Michelin allow one repair only per tyre. Whether that is true for the UK market, I have absolutely no idea.

The Holts product looks interesting. I might take a closer look at that before deciding what to do. I suppose the question is: Would a tyre depot be interested in carrying out the repair even if you supplied this product to clean the tyre before hand? I have had mixed responses in the past which have varied between the depot not being interested in carrying out any sort of repair, clearly only wanting to sell a new tyre, right through to a full repair carried out professionally.
I’ve used Tyreweld on several occasions and had repairs carried out afterwards. It’s water based so can be washed out of the tyre and blown dry after. Halfords do large cans for £10.00, I carry two in each of my vehicles.

Runflat technology explained by Michelin although I prefer Pirelli's Gel in the Tread area as a better option to stop air loss due to nails etc.

Runflat technology explained by Michelin although I prefer Pirelli's Gel in the Tread area as a better option to stop air loss due to nails etc.

When the first line on that page reads like the headlines in the Sun, I know they are making a huge effort to sell the idea and it is a solution to a problem that is very rare/does not exists.

"When you consider that a singular faulty tyre can result in a £2,500 fine and three penalty points, the importance of ensuring every one of your tyres is up to scratch (or without them for that matter) has never been higher. Many customers pose the question: are run flat tyres worth it?"

I think you have been relatively unlucky although I don't think low profile tyres are particularly well suited to winter roads in the UK, especially at the moment given most roads are like the surface of the moon, I'm often glad of the 65 profile tyres on my van and similarly balloon like tyres on my old A2. Of course the wider the tyre, the more change you have of hoovering up stray screws and sharp things :)

Mind you I just paid £50 each for bicycle tyres and that was painful enough!

When the first line on that page reads like the headlines in the Sun, I know they are making a huge effort to sell the idea and it is a solution to a problem that is very rare/does not exists.

"When you consider that a singular faulty tyre can result in a £2,500 fine and three penalty points, the importance of ensuring every one of your tyres is up to scratch (or without them for that matter) has never been higher. Many customers pose the question: are run flat tyres worth it?"
I think you miss the point in that being that the current public demand for big and wide wheels/tyres means that there is no available space to carry a suitable spare. Even a so called spacesaver size isn't an option due to the diameter.

No doubt the car Manufacturer is the instigator of Runflats as the need for Customers requiring an answer to the question, as to what happens when I have a puncture to have a solution/answer other than getting out in the rain etc and trying to put some gunk in plus use a small compressor to eventually blow it up whilst getting bedraggled in your best attire. Not what someone spending circa £90K wants to hear.