Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Showering responsibly

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
It is obvious that many Cali owners are now buying various shower tents/contraptions so they do not have to use the communal facilities. However, unless you use some sort of tray etc to catch the waste water and then dispose of it via the sites disposal facility there are going to be many damaged pitches and unhappy site owners. If you do shower without a tray please only use appropriate biodegradable soaps and shampoos. Normal ones will destroy the grass and cause issues for us all. Sea to Summit are a good supplier but there are others out there. Mrs wasn't initially happy she couldn't use her normal high lathering shampoo but she has got used to it now and even prefers it - especially as it is environmentally safe.

I use friendly soaps, body wash and shampoo bar. In fact I am the local agent for them. All no's .... parabens, Phthalates, triiclosan. plastic wrappers and made by hand.

Anyone want a link let me know. It's lovely both for you and the environment.

Anyhow, I don't use outdoor showers, I do use a bucket under my waste drain and it does go down the appropriate plughole unless the campsite owner is happy for me to pour by a hedge.

It is obvious that many Cali owners are now buying various shower tents/contraptions so they do not have to use the communal facilities. However, unless you use some sort of tray etc to catch the waste water and then dispose of it via the sites disposal facility there are going to be many damaged pitches and unhappy site owners. If you do shower without a tray please only use appropriate biodegradable soaps and shampoos. Normal ones will destroy the grass and cause issues for us all. Sea to Summit are a good supplier but there are others out there. Mrs wasn't initially happy she couldn't use her normal high lathering shampoo but she has got used to it now and even prefers it - especially as it is environmentally safe.
Having a Cali and an Eriba with no shower this discussion has made we think. How do you heat the water?

There is the low tech cheap way of the black solar shower bags, only good on sunny days of course, loads on Amazon, boiling water on your stove or stand alone gas fired water heaters eg Kampa Geyser etc, expensive !

I use friendly soaps, body wash and shampoo bar. In fact I am the local agent for them. All no's .... parabens, Phthalates, triiclosan. plastic wrappers and made by hand.

Anyone want a link let me know. It's lovely both for you and the environment.

Anyhow, I don't use outdoor showers, I do use a bucket under my waste drain and it does go down the appropriate plughole unless the campsite owner is happy for me to pour by a hedge.
Thanks Jen, are yours fully biodegradable, if so can you send me the link please

Thanks Jen, are yours fully biodegradable, if so can you send me the link please

All natural products, no nasties in it, my hair has never felt better. I have been using the body bars for about three years, the shampoo bars for about 2, my head itched like mad at first, apparently all to do with ridding my scalp of the chemical deposits, but since then never felt better or cleaner. I sell them to friends, local beauty shop etc, and all the profits I make go to the orang-utan foundation caring for orphaned animals displaced by the palm oil industry.

Online chemists such as Weldricks sell them retail.

Back