Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Side door closure problem

Verity

Verity

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Does anyone have any experience of this problem? My husband was away in our Ocean last night and the side door closed properly. This morning the servo noise which usually occurs when the door is clicking back into its housing no longer happens. It's not the electric self closing door, just the manual door which whirrs when closing. We've got to head north on another mission of mercy to take my Dad into hospital again on Tues, so have managed to get it booked in to the dealers on Monday, and I just hope they can sort it out as we don't want a door which won't close properly with an elderly old crock with dementia in the back!!

Some of us cleaned the contacts added a little copper slip on them. Seemed to have largely remedied the issue. Place a metal contact between the middle two connectors in the pillar next to the drivers door. Motor should whirr into action.

..me..

Last edited:
Some of us cleaned to contacts and out a little copper skip on then. Seemed to have largely restocked the issue. Place a metal contact between the middle two connectors in the pillar next to the drivers door. Motor should whirr into action.

..me..
Thanks. Have forwarded that to my husband. I don't do technical jobs. Soft furnishings and all things fluffy bunny are my department!

Ours did that a few times initially ,the metal across the contacts in the pillar door (I used keys) worked .It hasnt done it for ages now

Ours does that too! It is only 6 months old and every now and then it just doesn't whirr or close properly. We found that we had to really slam it to get it going again. I'd be interested what they do to correct it.

Ours did that a few times initially ,the metal across the contacts in the pillar door (I used keys) worked .It hasnt done it for ages now
Done the same. Just bridge the contacts, middle ones I believe with the key and it whirs. Been all right since.

Mike

Similar glitch sometimes clears if you turn ignition off, lock the vehicle then unlock and try again.

We took The Hamster in to the garage today to see if they could fix him. It turned out it wasn't anything easy, and they weren't able to fix it today. This is a shame as we have to go to Chester tomorrow to take my demented dad to the hospital and then we're away for a couple of days next week with friends. However, the nice folk at VW say the door is safe, my dad won't go flying out of the door in transit (Cheshire Police can stand down), so we're all systems go for the next few days.

I've booked him in to the garage next week (the Hamster, not my dad) - they need him for a couple of days as whatever has gone wrong is fairly well buried inside under trim and all sorts apparently. Glad we're under warranty!

We took The Hamster in to the garage today to see if they could fix him. It turned out it wasn't anything easy, and they weren't able to fix it today. This is a shame as we have to go to Chester tomorrow to take my demented dad to the hospital and then we're away for a couple of days next week with friends. However, the nice folk at VW say the door is safe, my dad won't go flying out of the door in transit (Cheshire Police can stand down), so we're all systems go for the next few days.

I've booked him in to the garage next week (the Hamster, not my dad) - they need him for a couple of days as whatever has gone wrong is fairly well buried inside under trim and all sorts apparently. Glad we're under warranty!
Good stuff. Presume a wire come adrift in there somewhere.

Like you said good to be under warranty.

Mike

Hope everything goes OK (with Dad AND the van glitch). Let us know what happens at the garage. Ours does this occasionally - a pesky intermittent fault - the metal across the contacts trick usually works at the time thought it comes back...

Hi all, resurrecting this thread to see if anyone has had any recent updates. A couple of days ago our side door stopped closing properly and the servo noise disappeared. This thread was really useful as the ‘ctl alt del‘ worked once and then using the key between the contacts has worked since. The issue is intermittent but is not going away. Is there a fix or is it a trip to the dealer o_O Many thanks

My van is currently at the VW garage with this problem - having tried everything suggested on this forum I had no option. Originally they thought it was the lock - £480 parts and labour - Ready to pick up today - they have just rung to say it's not the lock but the motor - which had water damage - bill going to be around £900. I will get them to explain fully and show me the old water damaged motor. It has to be done - then it's booked in for MOT and service on Monday!!! not with the VW dealer I hasten to add.
An expensive month.