Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Side door table storage

Playing cards, top trumps and other travel games.
(No games that rattle though.)

Playing cards, top trumps and other travel games.
(No games that rattle though.)
How do you stop all those loose items falling out? Do you place them in a container or bag?

Last edited:
@Big Ted It seems that the sliding door trim has changed. I have a different looking one:

IMG_20200401_105013.jpg

I just did that 2 Jaffas and a coffee with the emergency UHT milk.
I have the same side door cavity just 2 bungee cords with no ledge to hold things in securely.

Not only is my warning triangle in there but also
the hi viz jackets and some other stuff that squeezes in.

Basically its the go to place when the sh1t hits the fan.

IMG_8388.JPG

Not only is my warning triangle in there but also
the hi viz jackets and some other stuff that squeezes in.

Basically its the go to place when the sh1t hits the fan.

View attachment 56853
Would you mind taking a picture of that trim completely without the table in place?
I wonder how your trim looks like in comparison with mine.

Didn't know they changed that trim on the facelift?

Thanks, so it is completely different.

Strip.JPG So do we just need to fabricate a strip like this to have the same??Hmmm

Looks like part 20 although no part number on this modal as it is part of part 16 the whole panel, more searching required.
1585816174840.png

All very strange for me. When VW bring out a new version/iteration of the California they trumpet about the new stuff but never tell you about what they remove. The drw part 20 item above is an example and I've looked back to 2012 and the part is shown but no OEM part number exists as separate item. The same is true for drw part 41. Those are table extensions to allow you to use the external table inside the Cali. They existed on my 2017 Cali but have vanished on my 2019. I wonder how many other parts have gone missing.......

Back