Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Simples

I didn't realise that Kampa did one as well ,I knew about the vango but what appealed to me about the outwell was how quick it was to set up,what is the quality like with the Kampa ,I have had outwell tents before and whilst I like them they haven't been fault free but it's always good to have an alternative

I'm very pleased with it. Quality seems good, and the guys at the store thought it was much better than the Vango Kela.

There's a single inflation point and 3 deflation valves. You peg out the four corners and then pump it up, just like in the Outwell video. I've seen Outwell airbeam tents as well and they look very good.

It's pretty big, certainly big enough to put all the stuff in from the van. ;)

The only minor design flaw is where the tunnel joins the awning on the van. Water collects in small dips at both ends. I'm looking at a small mod to the strap to tension that bit. Of course, these tents are generic awnings, not made specifically for the Cali.

I bought it from Camping World in Horsham and they stock Outwell as well. You might be able to compare them there.

Where in the country are you?

We are based in Northants ,the largest camping store near us is Go outdoors in Milton keynes and I don't think that they do Kampa ,looking on line the world of camping store in Horsham looks like it has a huge selection !! We are borrowing our dealers demo again next week and need a destination I may try and persuade the wife to go to Brighton and drop in whilst we are in the area!,thanks for the information much appreciated .

Back