Sink tap not working

Anthony1

Anthony1

Too young to be old
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
My sink tap stopped working. It clicks but no pump.

I followed various posts:

Checked the 5amp fuse under the passenger seat (there are two). One was blown. I replaced it. Still not working, next step was to remove the old pump.

That's where all work stopped. I cannot remove the water tank lid. I tried inverted pliers and adjustable spanner - no luck. I tried tapping it with a hammer and piece of wood - it won't budge.

I found a tool, £16. I am going to have a go at making my own first.

Thank you.

Tank lid tool.jpg

Piece of wood and a couple of bolts makes the same tool

Piece of wood and a couple of bolts makes the same tool
Yes, I made one, but with masses of huffing and puffing and leverage, I couldn't more the lid, not even 1mm. I may have to go to a dealer but I am dreading that. And they may just have the standard tool, which is so much weaker than mine.

20240624_085042.jpg

I don't have any 1st hand experience, but looking at the above, it doesn't look like it will offer the same amount of leverage as the genuine tool. I would say that the handle could do with being longer. Just the laws of physics, thats all. I agree that being too heavy handed could do damage, but I can't see the above offering much of an advantage. Others that have made these will have a better idea though.

I don't have any 1st hand experience, but looking at the above, it doesn't look like it will offer the same amount of leverage as the genuine tool. I would say that the handle could do with being longer. Just the laws of physics, thats all. I agree that being too heavy handed could do damage, but I can't see the above offering much of an advantage. Others that have made these will have a better idea though.
Thank you. You are probably right. But I have attached spanners and other levers, to no affect. I shall perservere.