Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Site recommendations in East Anglia

M

myvanrodney

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Looking for some nice quiet sites in Norfolk/Suffolk or East Anglia, that’s good for walks, nearby eating out and clean onsite toilet/showers.

Thanks!

Second vote for Burnham Deepdale. I’m staying there next week. It can be quite pricey, but it’s good. You now also pay separately for electricity via an app. You can walk to the coastal path (salt marsh), 2 pubs and shops on site. They don’t accept caravans, but if booking the large hard standing pitches (field view paddock), you can get VERY large motorhomes next to you.

There’s another site at Stiffkey which we fancy trying, Highsand Creek. It looks good and there are decent reviews.

Two club sites at Sandringham in the forest are always busy. I’m also giving the CCC site a whirl next week for a night.

A site in Suffolk that’s had mentions on here, and another we’d like to try, is The Triple Plea. Its based around a pub.

Again in Suffolk, a good pub with a camping field taking around 5 vans with EHU, is The Eels Foot Inn at Leiston (near Minsmere). There are toilets but no showers or pot wash sinks. Currently they’re re-applying to CAMC as a CL so not taking bookings for the field, but you can stop overnight in the car park. I’ll be there again next week.

Second vote for Burnham Deepdale. I’m staying there next week. It can be quite pricey, but it’s good. You now also pay separately for electricity via an app. You can walk to the coastal path (salt marsh), 2 pubs and shops on site. They don’t accept caravans, but if booking the large hard standing pitches (field view paddock), you can get VERY large motorhomes next to you.

There’s another site at Stiffkey which we fancy trying, Highsand Creek. It looks good and there are decent reviews.

Two club sites at Sandringham in the forest are always busy. I’m also giving the CCC site a whirl next week for a night.

A site in Suffolk that’s had mentions on here, and another we’d like to try, is The Triple Plea. Its based around a pub.

Again in Suffolk, a good pub with a camping field taking around 5 vans with EHU, is The Eels Foot Inn at Leiston (near Minsmere). There are toilets but no showers or pot wash sinks. Currently they’re re-applying to CAMC as a CL so not taking bookings for the field, but you can stop overnight in the car park. I’ll be there again next week.
Brilliant thanks for this, I'll take a look...

I’m at Sandringham CCC site, and I doubt we will return as a family. It doesn’t pass my wife’s ’nice facilities’ standard. Pretty dated, smelly, showers are too small, and even minor running repairs have not been attended to like broken or missing hooks in shower cubicles. Theres a CAMC site next door, I’ll try and look round that tomorrow.

Looking for some nice quiet sites in Norfolk/Suffolk or East Anglia, that’s good for walks, nearby eating out and clean onsite toilet/showers.

Thanks!
Clippesby Hall in Norfolk is a really nice site.

For Suffolk, I'd recommend Wantisden Park, near Woodbridge. Forest walks right from the site and handy for Orford Ness, Aldeburgh etc

If you prefer adult only, we like Kings Forest campsite in Kings Fores. Access to the Forest directly from the site, loads of walks, very peaceful And pitches are huge. not far from Bury st Edmunds

We stayed at Burnham Deepdale - it was wonderful.

Will try the others mentioned when we travel back up. Thanks all for the tips.

The problem comes when setting Burnham Deepdale as your benchmark! I was there this week, then stayed at CCC Sandringham for an night and thought, ‘why did I do this?’