Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ski inside the van

M

Mat99

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi everybody, I'm going to buy a Cali Beach at some point this year, but I'm still deciding between the two and the three seat bench.
I was wondering, is it possible to store the skis underneath the bench?
Thx in advance!

Hi everybody, I'm going to buy a Cali Beach at some point this year, but I'm still deciding between the two and the three seat bench.
I was wondering, is it possible to store the skis underneath the bench?
Thx in advance!
It’s tight but if you take out one of the drawers under the 3 seat bench (there’s a load through hatch for each drawer in the back of the bench) you should be able to slide paired skis on their sides, though the hole provided your skis aren’t incredibly fat. I don’t think any bindings will fit through though. Also, a snowboard sitting on its base will also slide ‘through’ (into, really - not all the way through) . I fitted the tips of 2 boards in a board sleeve under the bench which was just enough to load them in a straight line front to back. Unfortunately it’s tight and the bag snags on the trim which just makes it a bit of a faff... hope that helps.. Stu

Q
It’s tight but if you take out one of the drawers under the 3 seat bench (there’s a load through hatch for each drawer in the back of the bench) you should be able to slide paired skis on their sides, though the hole provided your skis aren’t incredibly fat. I don’t think any bindings will fit through though. Also, a snowboard sitting on its base will also slide ‘through’ (into, really - not all the way through) . I fitted the tips of 2 boards in a board sleeve under the bench which was just enough to load them in a straight line front to back. Unfortunately it’s tight and the bag snags on the trim which just makes it a bit of a faff... hope that helps.. Stu
That was exactly what I was looking for, thank you!
Are you aware if the same is possible for a two seated bench?

We have travelled 6 in the three seater bench Beach on skiing holidays and have had 7 pair of skiis with us, all stuffed under the bench. Works perfect.
I guess it is not as easy on the two bench beach.

Q

That was exactly what I was looking for, thank you!
Are you aware if the same is possible for a two seated bench?

I’m not sure if the 2 seat Beach bench (try saying THAT after a few beers!) is the same as the Ocean bench but I’m sure I’ve read that Ocean owners have some sort of pass thru for skis at the side of their under bench drawer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2 pairs fit perfectly in 2seat Beach. Between bench and storage box. Can be like 2 meters long ;)
I put a collection of fishing rods in a special long box there. You can put like 10 pairs on a board+storage box.
But we have a fridge there. So I was able to add extra couple pairs even laying on a fridge. Just secured them with belts.

You can remove the plastic cover on the 2 seater bench so there is a"pass-through" mentioned in a post above.