Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sleepless night

C

Calijohn

VIP Member
Had the great news today, will be picking up our new baby from SMG Tonbridge tomorrow. Have broken the news to the kids so we're expecting a sleepless night!! (and that's just for mum and dad).

We have got a modest shopping list for what we think we'll need straight out the box ie; suitable floor mats, rear seat cover and a tank of diesel. Any other pointers for some other inital must haves?
We are not holidaying until August (France) and will be getting an awning and bedding bits for that (and essential folding kettle).

Happy to 'freestyle', but this is the start of our adventure with campers (but not camping), so advice on day to day musts would be welcome.

Really enjoying the experience so far and haven't even got him home yet!!

Thanks.....off to bed now.....!!

i think there is a list on here somewhere for useful must haves....

but for starters...gas and a kettle to make a nice drink.

Have fun and enjoy.

You will need some method to get water in the water tank (short piece of hose, or a water carrier - with a pouring spout), probably also an electrical hookup cable - even if you don't use it when camping it is a good idea to deep charge the batteries once in a while.

And some boring stuff - like fire extinguisher.

And we have found that we need a matress topper for downstairs - but see how you get on.

T

I picked up a pretty much identical spec one in Sand Beige from SMG Tonbridge on Tuesday and I saw yours there - very nice.

In addition to the hookup cable (25m is best) you'll need an adapter cable to convert it to a standard UK 3-pin 13A domestic plug if you want to charge it up at home.

Whereabouts are you? If you are anywhere near Horsham, Camping World there has lots of useful stuff like the Outwell Collaps range of collapsible bowls/buckets/pans and the best one, a kettle here. Great space savers.

Enjoy your new Cali

FF

Fantastic news Calijohn

Had my Cali nearly 4 months now and the list Just seems to go on and on... :crazy
Last week I bought a gas stove for my boys to cook on out side the van.
Cant have them splashing fat every where inside the Cali when they use it!!

Good luck with your new van.

Alan.

Thanks all for your advice, really useful.

Sorry for the belated response - busy time at the moment.

Collected 'Frank' last Saturday from SMG after a really pleasant hand-over from SMG Tonbridge and have lived and breathed it since! Use the Panda for work, generally get home late and find myself sitting in Frank on the driveway (Nicola understands!!) Had planned a night away this week-end but weather forecast pretty foul so we might look at next. Took a trip down the A21 and visited John Cross motorhomes and campers. Really well stocked shop and good display area for several awnings.Will try Campingworld as suggested. Have started the kit collection with the collapsible kettle and four bowls. You have to start somewhere....but the harder you look the longer the list..!

Commiting this evening to booking details for the French holiday so we can use to his maximum capabilities.

Will be pleased to post our 'first night' experiences when we get a break in the weather.

Cheers for now.

JOHN