Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sliding window sealing and hydraulic roof unit

T

TripleBee

Vehicle
N/A
Does anyone know if there is a possibility to find the sealing of the sliding window? At VW it is a complete sliding window of about €250 - €300.
I can just pull the sealing out, but it is a very specific part, so it is near impossible to find something that would fit. Does anyone know the make/brand of the sealing?

Second question.
All hydraulic roofs will eventually suffer pressure loss through the electrohydraulic pump. Again, at VW, the hydraulic unit is no separate part. You can buy the electric motor, you can buy the reservoir, but if you need the 3rd part of the motor, you need to buy the complete unit for only €1400.
Is there a way to get only the hydraulic part?
Is there a way to find repairing parts for the hydraulic unit?
Is there someone that knows who can repair hydraulic units? (Preferably near Belgium)

I know, tough questions, but it just bothers me that you can't find a single spare part, that is separate.

Thanks in advance.

I would think it unlikely that you'll be able to get hold of any window seals. I've had 2 side windows replaced due to leaks, under warranty. I would have thought that if they were available VW would change the seal as a first attempt at a fix, before the expense of a full window change.
It will be interesting to hear if you have any luck.

Back