Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Slow going...

Well, the tape made a big difference. I wouldn't say perfect, but certainly a lot better. New tubes will be fitted once we're home.
In any case, the van made it to the top of the famous Col du Lauteret (tour de France)!
20220731_102447.jpg

Fabulous. Glad you're back in the game. Great photos. Nice trailer. I love it up there, beautiful place.

Liking the colour coded mirror mounts.
1659342293475.png

Next step: a small pop-up tent on that trailer :cool: ; nice matching colours by the way.
I assume you have a fixed garage for the van, but I can also recommend Garage Van Den Broeck Paul , Heistse Hoekstraat 1a in Heist o/d Berg, he knows the T4 inside out...

Last edited:
Well, the tape made a big difference. I wouldn't say perfect, but certainly a lot better. New tubes will be fitted once we're home.
In any case, the van made it to the top of the famous Col du Lauteret (tour de France)!

That's the Galibier, not the Lauteret :)

Halfrauds do replacement tubing
Tried to look on Halfrauds for the parts, didn't find... any chance you could point me to the link or any other sites with the correct parts. My garage is closed for the next weeks and don't see any reason I can't do this myself, just need to order the right thing.

Cheers!

Next step: a small pop-up tent on that trailer :cool: ; nice matching colours by the way.
I assume you have a fixed garage for the van, but I can also recommend Garage Van Den Broeck Paul , Heistse Hoekstraat 1a in Heist o/d Berg, he knows the T4 inside out...
Thanks - good to know... Might look up that garage!
The trailer was a lucky find on 2ememain, the colour is not a perfect match, but close enough ;-)
Given the pulling issues i don't reckon adding a tent to the top of it will be much advantage :-D

A quick wander around Google seems to suggest there are two sizes required, 3mm and 5mm ID.
Any t rubber tubing should do, just check each piece as you replace one at a time.

Great to see all the forum members helping out. I'm missing being here as I've sold my Cali.
@sidepod I've sent you a PM.Regards Padraic.

Thanks - good to know... Might look up that garage!
The trailer was a lucky find on 2ememain, the colour is not a perfect match, but close enough ;-)
Given the pulling issues i don't reckon adding a tent to the top of it will be much advantage :-D
Just put a sail on top and keep heading northeast :)

If I buy this and the 5mm equivalent, are these appropriate?

Ramair Filters VAC3MM-3M-RD Silicone Vacuum Hose, 3 mm x 3 m, Red https://amzn.eu/d/9nxVdRP

With that i can replace all of them
(Just a shame they're not available in green!)

Thanks

So I’ve checked on mine and it does look like there are two sizes. The braid has frayed on a bit of mine! CC5E0B55-27E8-4DAF-87BC-5A063B2D73E1.jpegE7CA1708-D1E8-4574-B75F-C17F086B4942.jpeg
E34CEE8C-210A-4367-99A0-42996DED7CF6.jpeg9941FD49-D80F-4E67-9A73-4A7D62C5A84D.jpeg

Oh and beware, in amongst the birds nest of tubing is a one way valve. Make sure you don’t swap it’s flow direction by mistake. :thumb

So the tubes arrived, I've so far replaced the obvious ones, though need to get some new hose clips...
Don't know if its psychological, but seems better - that said, not yet had the chance to test it under load and with a reasonable incline (which is of course where the issue was!).
But the ones I replaced were clearly damaged or on their way out, so either way these needed to be dealt with.
Will see after the next big trip. Thanks all for the support on this one!

20220807_140506.jpg

20220807_140519.jpg

Back