Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

So True.

Here's my 2p

Good stuff
No kids either but two dogs.
Dogs on raw food from a local company (relative).
Two hybrids vehicles, 4kwp solar array.
Low energy bulbs throughout and have done so for the last 15years.
The thermostat rarely goes above 18 degrees. (if the heat in on in the first place). No heating at night.
Our energy provider is Bulb so green.
No long haul flights, however, I have been away for work. So 4 flights to Europe / UK in the last 20years.
Renewed appliances are based on energy consumption so double or triple-A is a requirement.
No big-ticket items apart from cars / Cali, but no great urge to replace for an T6 or 6.1. Last TV purchase was in 2011
Sodastream! This has cut our single-use bottle consumption down by 95%.
Prefer to walk. So I'll walk to town rather than drive. (Suprised by the number of people who will drive short distances and spend longer sitting in the car )
Work close to home. 2mile (Wife is 11miles)
Typically have Gusto food delivery (a lot less packaging)
Ride to work where possible

Bad stuff.
No kids
I have too many vehicles and a 4.4 V8 petrol Discovery.
We have a four-bed family home when there are only two of us + 2 dogs.
My garden is artificial and doesn't offer anything for the wildlife or atmosphere.
I don't recycle water (no plants though or grass)
I don't have a battery storage system on my PV system (currently looking into this...again)
We don't support or fund green issues or incentives
We both work and are business owners and therefore will be perceived as bad (by the lefties)!

I don't consider myself to be green but considerate.

What's your step up and how could you improve?

Out of interest why No Kids in the latter category.

Kids are organic matter and therefore contain carbon - if all goes well after three score and ten years that carbon gets buried ~6 feet under and removed from the eco system for ~1000 years.
I like your thinking :)

Out of interest why No Kids in the latter category.

Who do we pass on our wisdom , legacy, properties, life experience and Sodastream too? :bananadance2

Prefer to walk. So I'll walk to town rather than drive. (Suprised by the number of people who will drive short distances and spend longer sitting in the car )
Ride to work where possible

This is one of my biggest bug bearers...
I live in a small town and the amount of people I see and know who live around the town but drive in, is incredible.
They will sit in traffic for 15minutes when walking would only take 15/20.
Cycling in takes me about 4mins.

People have become so lazy .

Had to laugh the other week. A neighbour drove into town, got a ticket for parking on double yellows whilst she nipped into the bank, then a £75 fine from private eye for parking in Starbucks carpark without a ticket...

Yes. I agree. The best was my parents with sister's kids. In the car to drive 80metres. I kid you not.

Don't consider myself to be holier at all, or green by any standards. Trust me if you met me I'm more non PC then Mr Clarkson and I will not say publicly what I think about Greta or the ER mob.

Whoever thought of selling plastic bottles of water in the Western World must have made a killing. They have their place in disaster relief etc: but not in those countries with a clean water infrastructure.
I wonder what would happen if this water was only sold in glass bottles or in 5L bottles only, or the Coffee shops stopped selling disposable Takeaway cups?
Bottled water should be banned in the UK. Rich arse holes drinking water from Fiji in London restaurants is ridiculous. As for kids like Greta its THEM who get driven to and from school costing 4 car journeys per day where as we ALWAYS walked , cycled and took the bus. And its these people that cause the traffic they want their little fat kids to avoid. The roads are much quieter when schools out. We used to return our pop bottles and had milk delivered every day in electric cars using yesterdays empties. These kids should thank our generation for not being as bad as they are now!!,, she should thank VW also because since I bought the van I fly less

Last edited:
Bottled water should be banned in the UK. Rich arse holes drinking water from Fiji in London restaurants is ridiculous. As for kids like Greta its THEM who get driven to and from school costing 4 car journeys per day where as we ALWAYS walked , cycled and took the bus. And its these people that cause the traffic they want their little fat kids to avoid. The roads are much quieter when schools out. We used to return our pop bottles and had milk delivered every day in electric cars using yesterdays empties. These kids should thank our generation for not being as bad as they are now!!,, she should thank VW also because since I bought the van I fly less
Are “these kids” responsible for our generation stopping all these good habits?

It is my view that the blame lies squarely with those people who were adults while they gave up those excellent habits or allowed their children to give up those excellent habits (cycling to school, pop in returnable glass bottles, electric milk floats, etc.) It would not be reasonable to blame a four year old for their parents driving between home and school four times daily.

School run is the worst, our town is total grid lock every day... except school holidays, when it's fine.

School run is the worst, our town is total grid lock every day... except school holidays, when it's fine.
If a street is not suitable for an eight year old to cycle safely to and from school then the street is not fit for purpose.

The government and local authorities could do more to help:
1. decriminalise under 12s cycling on pavements
2. effectively police parking on the footway
3. remove footway parking around schools
4. extend yellow school zigzags 100m either side of schools

Ben and Jack's school on a non-school day and at pick up time.

Bottled water companies don’t create a water product, they create plastic...

Are “these kids” responsible for our generation stopping all these good habits?

It is my view that the blame lies squarely with those people who were adults while they gave up those excellent habits or allowed their children to give up those excellent habits (cycling to school, pop in returnable glass bottles, electric milk floats, etc.) It would not be reasonable to blame a four year old for their parents driving between home and school four times daily.
i'm not blaming the kids. it just grips my shite when the same kids start to lecture us like greta. they need to walk more and get out more anyway

Totally agree.