Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

So what are your thoughts on the new VW badge?

• Thread starter Hotel California
  • Start date
H

Hotel California

Super Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Cali now sold
IMG_1510.JPG

The "Designers" need to be payed too. (much)

You can't understand how hard it was, and how much hours they had to spend thinking about this fabulous new logo!

We are just the simple guys. They are on the high pay roll, so they know better than us!!
Just like the engineers who think about the interior of the van. They don't go camping with it (under their status), but they know better than the users what we need.

That “new” logo looks exactly like the badge on my old type 2 circa 1973 ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Insufficiently different to hide them from recent adverse publicity..........?

That's 250k of consultancy work at its finest

New logo in WolfsburghDSC_0938 (2).JPG20191003_134526.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never understood why organisations do that. It must be some form of tax dodge! I suppose all of the expense of rebranding can be offset against tax? The work and cost involved in changing the brand identity through out a worldwide organisation the size of VW must be colossal. I could understand it if they needed to call themselves something else but changing from VW to VW seems pointless. I doubt if most people would notice and if they do would this change pursued them to buy a VW?

Last edited:
Our company has done it twice now in the last seven years, I have loads of work wear etc. with the wrong branding on.

Was it broken? If not, why fix it? Lower emissions?

The new all electric VW or maybe ashamed of their recent history. No other reason to change.

As well as the badge maybe they should have gone for a new name to bury the emissions scandal for good - Volts Wagen - the new electric brand ! They can have that one for free !

Our company has done it twice now in the last seven years, I have loads of work wear etc. with the wrong branding on.
Me too. Recently we went from Northern rail with a capital N. to northern rail with a small n. Mind boggling

As well as the badge maybe they should have gone for a new name to bury the emissions scandal for good - Volts Wagen - the new electric brand ! They can have that one for free !
I'd take a patent on that!
You might be able to sell it to them for a lot of ££££££...?

Change of logo to make all that unlicensed stuff obsolete?

In fact they probably have just opened the flood gates for use of the obsolete logo?

Change of logo to make all that unlicensed stuff obsolete?

In fact they probably have just opened the flood gates for use of the obsolete logo?
No VW have VW registered separately as a word only and a logo Trade Mark, so any use of VW would infringe their word only Trade Mark Registrations. Plus their Registrations of the old logo won’t become invalid for non-use for 5 years in UK/EU.

I wonder if the the T6.0s still being built will have the new logo.

They’ve renamed the VW Connect dongle thingy too! It’s now ..

We Connect Go

Why?

Back