Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Soft Furnishings or not.....?

MKRW

MKRW

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi All,

Having been to the VW show on Saturday, my wife was gushing over all of the old buses and more specifically how nice the curtains and cushions were......

She then shared with me that she would like to go shopping for our new Cali :roll:

With 3 sons and a dog, my wife is feeling a little outnumbered as we are all more than happy with the masculine look of the Cali. :cool:

So the questions is should we let her go shopping, and if so what for? :?:

Thanks
The boys....

Come on - one little cushion won't hurt...and you know you like their comfy softness...Any how I imagine she is a big girl and may not need permission!

Hi MKRW
As 'the woman' in our Cali, I believe I have successfully personalised it with some acceptable amount of 'soft' touches without causing any grief.
We have 2 cushions, which are great when the front seats are turned and add comfort against the doors, mats made to fit the glass tops of fridge and cooker/sink and lastly I made seat covers for when camped for all the seats. As a keen patchwork quilter I must confess that all these items have been 'enhanced', but all have been appreciated and practical.
It has also made me feel better.
Penney

Yes! Soft furnishings, absolutely ;) :)
- and photos please :)

Sounds good!

One thing that put me off the Cali when I first looked at one (old shape) was the "starkness" of the interior. Compared to some conversions, it just didn't look very homely.

Now have carpets and a few other bits and it does feel more cosy now.

Have put some photos of our 'soft additions' in the Gallery under Users Personal Albums. Not very easy to show, but you can get the idea.

Chris said:
Divorce :rofl

Thought about it, but I think she would get custody, of the Cali :eek:

So better option .. i think i can stretch to a carpet and possibly a couple of tasteful cushions, may be even take the template for the new front curtain, and let her personalise that too. :thanks

Back