Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Solar Panel fitting for VW California T5 in Chamonix Mont Blanc, 74400, France

J

Jayne1

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174 4Motion
Is there anyone in France, near to the 74400 area, that has fitted solar panels and would be willing to help me fit mine?

I have recently bought them from Roger at solarcampersolutions in Uk and they are in the process of being shipped over.

I thought it would be easy to get a garage to help me but alas none that will take it on if they don't supply the panels themselves :-(

Mounting the panels shouldn't present a problem but wiring the Epever Dual Battery Solar Charge Controller to my batteries will require some assistance!

Thank you kindly in anticipation.

Jayne

Is there anyone in France, near to the 74400 area, that has fitted solar panels and would be willing to help me fit mine?

I have recently bought them from Roger at solarcampersolutions in Uk and they are in the process of being shipped over.

I thought it would be easy to get a garage to help me but alas none that will take it on if they don't supply the panels themselves :-(

Mounting the panels shouldn't present a problem but wiring the Epever Dual Battery Solar Charge Controller to my batteries will require some assistance!

Thank you kindly in anticipation.

Jayne
If you can wire a domestic plug then you are more than capable of following Roger’s instructions and wiring your new panel.

If you can wire a domestic plug then you are more than capable of following Roger’s instructions and wiring your new panel.
Yes, but it's the routing of the wiring 'behind the scenes' that concern me.... a friend had one fitted by Roger that I looked at and .....

Yes, but it's the routing of the wiring 'behind the scenes' that concern me.... a friend had one fitted by Roger that I looked at and .....
What exactly do you mean by “ behind the scenes “ ?

The behind the scenes action is no biggie, just take your time. I used a holepuncher for belts to make a hole in the rubber grommet. From that part use a sturdy flexible wire (I used a plastic wire to pull electrical wires through)and poke to the left. You will end up somewhere against the side panel.

take the solar panel wire and pull it through the hole in the grommmet. After that tape it to the flexible wire thingy and pull that through. Now this was the hardest part. Stick the controller where ever you please in the cabinet and Bob’s your uncle. Open the little hatch whhere the battery lives, take it out and fiddle your wire from the controller to the battery at the back of the cabinet. 90% of your job is done now. Red wire on the plus and black on the ground terminal.
I recommend to check if all works before putting the battery back.

But as said before, Roger’s instructions are clear.

What exactly do you mean by “ behind the scenes “ ?

I have the Dual Battery MPPT LCD - Epever Duo Dual 260W + Bluetooth Model (Leisure AND Starter charger) arriving for my set up. By behind the scenes I meant feeding the wires through the cupboards under the fridge/cupboards/sink to the battery under the seat.

The behind the scenes action is no biggie, just take your time. I used a holepuncher for belts to make a hole in the rubber grommet. From that part use a sturdy flexible wire (I used a plastic wire to pull electrical wires through)and poke to the left. You will end up somewhere against the side panel.

take the solar panel wire and pull it through the hole in the grommmet. After that tape it to the flexible wire thingy and pull that through. Now this was the hardest part. Stick the controller where ever you please in the cabinet and Bob’s your uncle. Open the little hatch whhere the battery lives, take it out and fiddle your wire from the controller to the battery at the back of the cabinet. 90% of your job is done now. Red wire on the plus and black on the ground terminal.
I recommend to check if all works before putting the battery back.

But as said before, Roger’s instructions are clear.
Thank you for your reply.

I have the Dual Battery MPPT LCD - Epever Duo Dual 260W + Bluetooth Model (Leisure AND Starter charger) arriving for my set up. By behind the scenes I meant feeding the wires through the cupboards under the fridge/cupboards/sink to the battery under the seat.

It's not difficult. You won't have to dismantle anything. It just takes a little time. Plenty of information on the Forum .

Back