Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Some amazing price drops

I was looking to upgrade too and some of the private sale prices are laughable, I think some of the sellers are in for a shock, certainly a buyers market

If those price drops are mirrored across other Dealerships then there is going to have to be a realistic appraisal of 2nd hand vehicle prices .
I wonder how many private sales were hoping to make a quick profit on PCP balloon payments by selling privately at a higher price?
It looked like the majority of the cheap batch were picked up by a trade buyer, that must mean that someone is confident that they were priced too cheap by a decent margin. I would expect the same vans to appear for sale somewhere shortly for a higher price.

All we need is the sun to come out & things will pick up. I cant remember having such a miserable wet summer for years & never been so disinclined to go camping.

Literally 100s to choose from if you’re buying unheard of unfortunately I don’t think the California has the same appeal anymore there’s cheaper alternatives without egr and roof problems to worry about I’m looking for one but not quite ready yet hopefully still plenty to choose from

Literally 100s to choose from if you’re buying unheard of unfortunately I don’t think the California has the same appeal anymore there’s cheaper alternatives without egr and roof problems to worry about I’m looking for one but not quite ready yet hopefully still plenty to choose from
I disagree
On Autotrader.co.uk most top spec 2023 / 2024 California are between £60K and £80k
From what I can see prices have not fallen since I bought 6 months ago.

I disagree
On Autotrader.co.uk most top spec 2023 / 2024 California are between £60K and £80k
And the numbers haven't fallen and why would they if you can get a new stock vehicle with 5 yrs warranty and finance for £60+ k.

And the numbers haven't fallen and why would they if you can get a new stock vehicle with 5 yrs warranty and finance for £60+ k.
Most on Autotrader are being advertised by VW dealers.
Where are the new California Oceans that you say are selling for £60k

I tried to buy one too the following morning. Missed out. Very disappointed.
Oh well...The search continues.

Most on Autotrader are being advertised by VW dealers.
Where are the new California Oceans that you say are selling for £60k
See Post 4, and I said £60+ k.

Not sure why anyone would spunk £65k on a platform, that’s really showing its age.
The T7 is around the corner and the new transit is brilliant. Drove one of our work vans a few weeks back and was super impressed.
The Volkswagen version drops new year…

Poor Betty! Hopefully you got just a good deal or near enough? Was that at Breeze or near enough…if you want to go for our 72 starlight blue 4M it’s mint..only a few k miles on the clock and the water tanks and sink never filled / used. Two house trained adults only have been in it! Hope all goes well and it works out..photos please on arrival !

I disagree

There are lots of vans on auto trader at high prices, but the relevant question is what prices vans are selling for, not what prices they are being advertised for. Six months ago could you buy a new, in-stock Ocean for under £68k, the way you can these days? I didn't think that was the case. They also recently introduced the finance deal again which brings the price of an Ocean to about £64k relative to someone buying with 7% financing (by that I mean 0% interest on 50% saves a person about £6500 in interest; at 9% interest it's £8400)

What I find most interesting is that despite the price drops you see if you use a browser plug in, the number of Oceans for sale on autotrader keeps going up (slowly, but surely). And the count of 2023 and 2024 Oceans keeps going up too, which means it's not just older vans flooding the market because owners have traded in for something newer.

When they're gone, they're gone. End of an era. The Sharavan isn't for everyone.
Well they'll just have to do with 3rd party conversions then instead of trying to modify a touring Campervan fit for everyday use into a mini-motorhome. ;)

Well they'll just have to do with 3rd party conversions then instead of trying to modify a touring Campervan fit for everyday use into a mini-motorhome. ;)
Conversions will do well but not everyone will want a Turkish Ford/VW Transitporter. I think the T4, 5 and 6 era will continue to age well and be desirable.

Conversions will do well but not everyone will want a Turkish Ford/VW Transitporter. I think the T4, 5 and 6 era will continue to age well and be desirable.
But not as an everyday vehicle with the increase in LEZ’s. You’ll be able to drive them, just not where you want, both here and abroad.

Put deposit down which was accepted called them and was told it should not have been available, so foiled again!

Completely disagree.
Drive a new Transit for a day and you won’t want an old VWT6 back.

But not as an everyday vehicle with the increase in LEZ’s. You’ll be able to drive them, just not where you want, both here and abroad.
ICE's and diesel still rule the roost in Europe. BEV hardly registers here in Germany. So I don't see this being a significant issue for most of Europe for anyone over 60. Eventually ICE will be phased out but it will be a very slow process as there is so much pushback.

ICE's and diesel still rule the roost in Europe. BEV hardly registers here in Germany. So I don't see this being a significant issue for most of Europe for anyone over 60. Eventually ICE will be phased out but it will be a very slow process as there is so much pushback.
Wasn’t referring to BEV’s. LEZ’s won’t affect BEV’s but will affect Euro 4/5/6 diesels in particular and even if they don’t keep such vehicles out then they will charge them for the privilege of entering such zones.

Completely disagree.
Drive a new Transit for a day and you won’t want an old VWT6 back.
Personally speaking I actually like driving a refined van like the Cali. Modern enough chassis for loping along at license losing speeds on the motorway and refined enough around town, with plenty of torque for efficient getaways. I don't want it to drive like a car. I'm having tough time imagining a Swamper Sharavan working.

Yeah, nah
Van-X - The T7 modifications are starting  Swamper ...

Wasn’t referring to BEV’s. LEZ’s won’t affect BEV’s but will affect Euro 4/5/6 diesels in particular and even if they don’t keep such vehicles out then they will charge them for the privilege of entering such zones.
LEZ’s will affect BEV’s when Euro 7 emissions standards are up and running. From what I understand it will only be enforced in the London ULEZ to start with in the UK.

Back