Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Some amazing price drops

I'm really conflicted on this as I have one of the 22-plate T6.1s but I don't find the front seat as comfortable as my previous T6s. The twin doors appeals too and I'd like to move away from diesel.

I'd never own one of these without a full warranty...my 16-plate T6 was problematic with the Adblue and random eml warnings, so spent a lot of time with the dealership under warranty. Fortunately we have the extended warranty so I can think about this for some time.

I'm not sure I'd get the hybrid tho and the petrol is a bit thirsty.

Hmmm.....
I’ll be going for the petrol. As I get older the trips will get shorter. Not convinced about the hybrid.

I’ll be going for the petrol. As I get older the trips will get shorter. Not convinced about the hybrid.

If the hybrid was self charging then it would be worth having.

So the general feeling here is that the 7 is not an option so, those taking out a PCP on a new 6.1, what are your options at the end of the deal?

Clearly trading in/up to a 7 isn’t an option so you either hand it back or stump up a ton of sterling?

Seems like a three year suicide mission.

Are Volkswagen still offering the 5 year 0% with 50% deposit.
Surely most will have zero to pay at year 5…?

I remember having the 1st version of the iPad (luckily as a gift). It was a total brick after the first software update.
I still have it and it works as good as new. I bring it up sometimes so my kids, now 16 and 14 can play with its old games.

Wow, what a simple solution VW came up with!!! They could have done that 12 months ago…

So are VW supplying now waterproofing treatment & application of same for all new vans instead of replacing the fabric.

Or is it an emergency DIY measure until the new waterproof fabric is supplied, with waterproof treatment applied at buyers cost / risk?

So are VW supplying now waterproofing treatment & application of same for all new vans instead of replacing the fabric.

Or is it an emergency DIY measure until the new waterproof fabric is supplied, with waterproof treatment applied at buyers cost / risk?
Maybe, we need to be pragmatic? It is bit like investing in good car polish to protect the paint work. I am ok with spending 10 quid on a can every year or so. TBH , if it makes me get up on a ladder and clean all the roof and give it a good check for rust etc., then that is an added bonus. My view is I wouldn't miss out on a t6.1 based on an issue which can be fixed by the owner.

I do hope they at least fix this on the T7 or that they are completely different water tight bellows.

Are Volkswagen still offering the 5 year 0% with 50% deposit.
Surely most will have zero to pay at year 5…?
Yes, I’ve just taken the plunge and swapped my 5 year old Cali for a new one. For us the new Cali doesn’t look practical for long trips with its reduced storage capacity so reluctantly decided to change now. We had a good search round and some of the amazing deals were too good to be true, like a dealer advertising 4 Oceans at £61,000 which were clearly Beaches in the photos. We’ve ended up paying £73,000 for a 150 in white with sports pack and a good range of extras. They gave us a reasonable trade in and the 0% finance makes a massive saving. Plus I’m told we will get a free bike rack for taking the free finance! It’s got a 4S bellows so will probably leak a bit but I’m going to use a waterproofer and manage unless they come up with a definitive repair.

Update now found a great buy 1 year old 204 with 90% of the required wants! Do like the 30mm lowering but see how it rides first! Still would have preferred the original 150 two tone, but im now happy, bank balance not so much. pick up sometime next week, will be selling on the 5th seat it comes with. Be interesting to see if it leaks

:Iamsorry
After over 4k posts on the bellows thread I’m struggling to inject any sense of humour on the subject. :talktothehand

I’m just amazed that VW have sold so many with the unresolved issue with substandard fabric, rather than switching back to the older tried & tested waterproof fabrics. It really does prove that VW can sell anything….fantastic marketing.

Will the current fabric be used on the new multivan - answers on a postcard.

I’m just amazed that VW have sold so many with the unresolved issue with substandard fabric, rather than switching back to the older tried & tested waterproof fabrics. It really does prove that VW can sell anything….fantastic marketing.

Nothing wrong with the fabric per se, in fact its far superior to the single skinned stuff it replaced in virtually all meaningful respects. All the water infiltration is coming through the stitched seams which aren't fit for purpose. New 03-5S fabric is defo on the Sharavan along with some pretty massive needle holes. It will be interesting to see if the new owners have their own thread.

Nothing wrong with the fabric just the seems. The New California will have the definitive 07S bellows .

Nothing wrong with the fabric per se, in fact its far superior to the single skinned stuff it replaced in virtually all meaningful respects. All the water infiltration is coming through the stitched seams which aren't fit for purpose. New 03-5S fabric is defo on the Sharavan along with some pretty massive needle holes. It will be interesting to see if the new owners have their own thread.
A touch of jealousy perhaps. Unable to call the New California by its proper name.

Nothing wrong with the fabric just the seems. The New California will have the definitive 07S bellows .
Won't it have the 01 Bellows being an entirely new California? Buy your T7 before they progress to the 03 bellows.

Back