Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Something fell off

Whistler

Whistler

Vehicle
Cali now sold
I was driving on the Motorway this evening and hit a bump. Something then seemed to fall off the Cali:shocked. Caught a glimpse of it in the wing mirror and looked and bounced like a chunky piece of metal. Seemed to come from rear driver side. First thought was it was the sparesafe but it is still firmly attached. Stopped at the services and did a quick look under the Cali but nothing obvious seems to be amiss. There are no unusual sounds and the Cali is handling fine.

I know it’s not a great deal of info, but anyone got any thoughts on what it could have been before I find a friendly mechanic to put it on a ramp?

Any chance the bump was the 'something' that was already in the road and you just hit it making it move/bounce?

Any chance the bump was the 'something' that was already in the road and you just hit it making it move/bounce?
Don't think so, saw the bump coming (expansion joint on a bridge with a pothole)

Maybe a wheel balancing weight? Hopefully not the spring ....

Had a look at the springs they looked ok. In fact they looked quite new. Anyway back home safe and sound so will make an appointment with a tame mechanic we know to put it on the ramp for a proper look.

In any case thanks for the advice

Back