Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sorn impact on insurance cost's

S

Staff 2

First posted by ianevens

We are Canadian residents with insurance through Down Under insurance in the UK as we have a UK registered van.

We are planning to store the van in a secure facility for 15 months and was wondering how we can reduce our insurance costs in this period as the van will not be driven on the road.

What is the process to reduce your insurance costs once you have declared a vehicle SORN and what is the process to be followed once we put the vehicle back on the road.

As far as I am aware if it is sorn it does not need insurance to be off the road I think the new law says it must be insured or sorn How secure is the lock up? I heard someone the other day saying its quite difficult to insure a sorn vehicle. I hope this helps

First posted by berndros

Guess the first thing to check, has the storage unit got their own insurance ? , if yes and your happy with it then cancel your vehicle insurance.

If not then speak to your own insurers as they may well wish to approve the storage place and maybe either increase the premium or reduce it as of course it's not being driven.

Hope that helps....

Back