Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sorning your Cali in the current climate

P

paul_f

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I SORNed as I expected to be furloughed. However I wasn't, and even if I had been my company topped up.
However not used either vehicle until today.
Will tax in June if we use it, although we have lots of places to ride/walk straight from our house so probably won't need it

Borris

Borris

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
How were the flat spots Borris, did they add the character you were hoping for.

Re tax I took the view the government had plenty off me in September when I bought the van through VAT and the extra purchase tax.
They're only flat at the bottom so for 95% of the time they're fine. :thumb

BeagleMum

BeagleMum

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Having looked at the cost saving I decided not to bother to SORN. Perhaps I was daft but I took the view that if everyone had done it the Government will only have to impose even greater taxation to fill the hole in the tax revenue when things get back to something like normal.

As it was I used our van for the first time yesterday. We went shopping for us, our elderly neighbours and my ninety one year old father. Whilst out we decided to have a picnic and exercise.................our eye lids in the closed position. It was glorious.
We didn’t sorn ours either, we took the view we wanted to be able to use it as soon as possible. We’ve had a few local day trips / picnics since we were allowed to use our vehicles, for us not to sorn was the right decision.

Scorf

Scorf

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
.....and of course there are a range of taxation costs which could mean it not worth the hassle to some.

..ours is £475 a year so a useful £40 a month saving, but if your usual VED is much less than this then not such an issue

J

Jay gas

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
They're only flat at the bottom so for 95% of the time they're fine. :thumb
Did you do your math on the back of a fag packet to arrive at 95% Borris. I’m sure there’s a couple of people on here that would be rather unhappy at the imprecise number of 95%

Borris

Borris

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Did you do your math on the back of a fag packet to arrive at 95% Borris. I’m sure there’s a couple of people on here that would be rather unhappy at the imprecise number of 95%
I'm sure you're are right but it's near enough for me.

BeagleMum

BeagleMum

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
.....and of course there are a range of taxation costs which could mean it not worth the hassle to some.

..ours is £475 a year so a useful £40 a month saving, but if your usual VED is much less than this then not such an issue
We would have saved £40 if we had chosen to do so