Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sorning your Cali in the current climate

Karlos

Karlos

Vehicle
Cali now sold
Hi all.

As it looks like we are heading towards non essential travel measures, I am now thinking of sorning our Cali at the end of the month as it is not one of our daily drivers and it looks like we wont be able to use it for leisure. Our other cars have a zero or exempt tax rates so no point in sorning them. Is anyone else thinking they might do the same. I suppose the question will be what the restrictions will be and how long they stay in place.

K

I think your better to keep it running if possible and get it out for a decent drive at least once a week. Cars need to be driven.

My other car needed a new front tyre.
I think a pot hole had caused a bulge in the tyre, so had it booked in at my local garage for a replacement today.
It’s not been driven for a week and half. The wife has been working from home.

Arrived home at lunch to take it round to the garage... Flat battery.
:sad

Hi all.

As it looks like we are heading towards non essential travel measures, I am now thinking of sorning our Cali at the end of the month as it is not one of our daily drivers and it looks like we wont be able to use it for leisure. Our other cars have a zero or exempt tax rates so no point in sorning them. Is anyone else thinking they might do the same. I suppose the question will be what the restrictions will be and how long they stay in place.

K
Ours isn’t our daily drive but we wouldn’t consider doing this. Hopefully we will be able to give it a weekly run up/down the motorway during the current climate.

Watching the pennies and pounds enabled us to by a 50k Cali, those who know me well might say tight as a ducks arse but I take your point.
The Cali gives you all the private, safe space as you enjoy at your home.
On the coast last evening watching a fab sunset whilst cooking a delightful meal, the council have made the car parks free only increases the attraction. Hardly anyone about other than the normal doggers, enjoy.

Watching the pennies and pounds enabled us to by a 50k Cali, those who know me well might say tight as a ducks arse but I take your point.

Im wondering if it’s the time to sell...

The Cali gives you all the private, safe space as you enjoy at your home.
On the coast last evening watching a fab sunset whilst cooking a delightful meal, the council have made the car parks free only increases the attraction. Hardly anyone about other than the normal doggers, enjoy.
I imagine the restrictions will have quite an impact on the dogging community!

I'm not sorning mine, it's our bug out vehicle if the London suburbs turn into Mad Max.
Its already prepped and loaded with food, guns & ammo, booze, paracetamol and Christmas pudding. Just need toilet paper now...

What is Essential Travel?
Is a trip to the Beach, not getting out, maybe making a cuppa and then returning home not helpful for personal well being ?Especially for the retired.

I'm not sorning mine, it's our bug out vehicle if the London suburbs turn into Mad Max.
Its already prepped and loaded with food, guns & ammo, booze, paracetamol and Christmas pudding. Just need toilet paper now...
Kitchen roll. Dual purpose.

We have some of the most beautiful coastline and countryside in this country.

We will certainly be using our Cali to get out and about during this period.

Long walks and time away is what it is all about....a bit of fresh air and exercise thrown in too!

Just be sensible around any crowds.

Take your own food and be prepared to not use public facilities too often.

Long walks and time away is what it is all about....a bit of fresh air and exercise thrown in too!

Next thing will be people queuing for fuel!

For essential travel hopefully.
Yes we do consider it essential. We help an elderly aunt who at 86 will be have her movements severely restricted. We will put her in the Cali, take a meal with us, take a run, park up somewhere with a view and give her a break from the house to save her sanity.

Correct, you can find isolation in lots of places particularly early or late in the day.