Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Spare tyre replacement advice please.

BeagleMum

BeagleMum

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Running on VW standard tyres 215/65/16 we are changing to all season tyres. Having no knowledge of tyres but following research we are going to go with Michelin Cross Climate +
One question we can’t find the answer to is, do we need to buy 4 or 5? Do we need to replace the spare tyre as well or can we use the original spare if necessary ‘short term’?

Running on VW standard tyres 215/65/16 we are changing to all season tyres. Having no knowledge of tyres but following research we are going to go with Michelin Cross Climate +
One question we can’t find the answer to is, do we need to buy 4 or 5? Do we need to replace the spare tyre as well or can we use the original spare if necessary ‘short term’?
You can use your existing spare as a “ get you out of trouble “ spare. As it has different characteristics limit speed to 50 mph and limit distance to 100miles.
This is what I did and then when it came to changing the all-season tyres I put the best one on the spare as I was staying with the all-season tyres in the same size.

You can use your existing spare as a “ get you out of trouble “ spare. As it has different characteristics limit speed to 50 mph and limit distance to 100miles.
This is what I did and then when it came to changing the all-season tyres I put the best one on the spare as I was staying with the all-season tyres in the same size.
Thank you :)

Back