Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sparesafe wheel lock, how can I buy one ?

hubert72

hubert72

Vehicle
T5 Beach
I noticed that sparesafe are mentioned on the VIP discount list but can't seem to find any links to buy a spare wheel lock, any help is appreciated.

Cool... I better get on and order one as well.

Just spoke them and ordered one over the phone, mentioned the forum and got the discount no problem, many thanks.

Just ordered but I'm going to wait because you only have one left and I haven't got my Cali yet!

Morning Dave,

Just chasing you up on my Sparesafe (ordered / paid on the 9th)

Regards

Paul

It's possible to place an order by email/internet? I'm abroad right now

OK, now I'm not abroad :D I'll call Dave

I phoned Dave a couple of weeks ago, quoted my username and paid over the phone. Lock arrived a few days later. No problems at all. Great service and a nice bit of discount.

It's easier to phone!

Is this device just a shroud that stops mole grips being used on the locking bolt?

Ok - phoned Dave and ordered my lock. He's sold 20 in the last week!

Not that I'm paranoid or anything (not much!) but I'm wondering how many different flavours of locking bolt there are. What's to stop a thief tooling himself up by buying a few...

I bought one with locking nut and spanner cost £54.99 did not get any VIP discount on 8/1/2016. ( Martin what do you mean by my code for VIP discount?)
Today I attempted to fit fit it with not much success.
Looking at the photos on the Cali Accessory Shop website there appears to be two different types and different dimensions. The one with just the word 'sparesafe' sticker is the I was supplied with and it does not seem to fit around my spare wheel carrier bracket.
Again looking at the photos what's to stop someone sawing through the exposed bolt and bolt sleeve?
And without the security bolt it seems the £50 device would not stop the existing bolt being loosened with a standard socket set.
If I'm right about all the above how do I go about getting a full refund?

There is only 1 size Sparesafe so it should fit. We sell about 20 of these a week without problem. All the vip codes are in the VIPs lounge it's just a matter of putting in the code for the shop at checkout to get your discount.
You are right if you had the device without a security bolt you could undo it with a socket set
With a security bolt it would be much more difficult. As for sawing it off I'm not sure anybody would go to them lengths. As far as I'm aware no one with a sparesafe fitted has had a spare stolen.

You have to use the security bolt, becomes pointless otherwise.

Nothing will stop someone sawing through a bolt, but that will take time so the scrotes will move quickly onto the next T5 which is unprotected. Speed is of the essence for them. Sawing through a bolt is not something they will bother to do.

Alan

I fitted one yesterday to my new T6 :thumb

You have to use the security bolt, becomes pointless otherwise.

Nothing will stop someone sawing through a bolt, but that will take time so the scrotes will move quickly onto the next T5 which is unprotected. Speed is of the essence for them. Sawing through a bolt is not something they will bother to do.

Alan
If that's the case why not just use the security bolt and save £50?

the security bolt on its own can be turned with mole grips, hence the reason for the spare safe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The head of the bolt is normally exposed, so a decent Mole grip will undo it, standard or security types. The Sparesafe resets the head in a tube welded to the frame and so a mole grip cannot be used. The only way to unscrew the bolt is by using the adapter on a wrench, just like you do with Alloy wheels.

Alan

Back