Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Special Edition and opening front canvas

Somebody on a French forum pointed out this video:
It looks like MY19 now has a full frontal panoramic window upstairs. Can anybody confirm this?

Last edited:
Not the first time we have seen the fully zipped front panel, so maybe it has become a reality. Also has the kitchen window storage.
There is also some badge on the door B piller so maybe its an ‘edition‘ of some sort?
4B91DA65-B90D-45E7-ACB8-9EF873CFE294.jpeg

Last edited:
That is a 30th Anniversary special edition but hopefully we'll see the opening bellows on the options list when the new price list is released next month.

That was just on the 30th Edition as a special feature. A bit of an odd one I think - cannot really see that much use for it except a better view for spying out the top bunk.

Just wish they would offer a normal front window on the Beach - daft it's not even an option.

Nice colour. I wonder if it will come to the UK?

Turmeric, I would have jumped on it had they offered it in this colour a couple of months ago!

Somebody on a French forum pointed out this video:
It looks like MY19 now has a full frontal panoramic window upstairs. Can anybody confirm this?
That will make it easy to put an external topper on, just lean out! :D

That is a 30th Anniversary special edition but hopefully we'll see the opening bellows on the options list when the new price list is released next month.

When I spoke to the VW people at the Dusseldorf salon, they said it would be an option from November onwards. On all models, and also possible to retrofit on T5's.

Yep, I'm pointing to the whole front of the canvas being capable of being dropped, just like a couple of the 'converters' offer. You can sit on the top bed and enjoy the views (apparently).

One thing they should have done years ago is put two zips on every window... One for the canvas, a second to allow the mesh to be dropped. Reimo roofs have been like this for 30 years, and they allow a full on breeze and provide an exit route for trapped flies at bed time.

You mean let flies in at bedtime, or more in during the day. The only way of getting flying teeth out at bedtime is put one light on in the roof to attract the little bleeders, then systematically carefully pick them off one by one with tissue without staining the canvas with blood.

I like the full width netting bin in the pics - handy to put tools in when working through this new option, coming to the configurator soon, provisionally titled:

Option 502: 'Ezy access roof rot maintenance aperture'. €289

Wasn't that previously an option anyway.....came with the second rear bench drawer.

I like the full width netting bin in the pics - handy to put tools in when working through this new option, coming to the configurator soon, provisionally titled:

Option 502: 'Ezy access roof rot maintenance aperture'. €289

So they have just flogged people a Cali 30 Edition, then rolled out the Cali 30 Special. Ever get the feeling they're taking the p***.
Ever had an MX5? Special edition every week!

Anyway, it will be easy to check your roof is corroding from inside the van! ;)

Good morning , VW have announced they are bringing 30 of these vehicle to the UK on a strictly first come , first served basis.
Prices and spec to be announced later today. I will be able to email price lists/spec later on today.

Good morning , VW have announced they are bringing 30 of these vehicle to the UK on a strictly first come , first served basis.
Prices and spec to be announced later today. I will be able to email price lists/spec later on today.

Good to know, will you post the specs / pricing on this thread?

I'm busy at the mo so can't follow all the new threads.

Hopefully it won't be in an awful colour and also hope that it can be specced a little, or at least VW UK made sure it had ACC, unlike the poorly spec'd previous 'special edition'

all metallic colours available with the new addition of turmeric yellow

all metallic colours available with the new addition of turmeric yellow

Got the brochure now, looks good :)

Thankfully it can be configured, unlike the previous special edition.

spec over and above standard ocean .....
17" cascavel alloys - black /silver
sat nav, app & media connect/control, voice control
white wood kitchen
comfort bed extension
torch
privacy glass
LED headlights/taillights
privacy glass
heated front screen
metallic paint included
removeable towbar
front & rear sensors
side assist

spec over and above standard ocean .....
17" cascavel alloys - black /silver
sat nav, app & media connect/control, voice control
white wood kitchen
comfort bed extension
torch
privacy glass
LED headlights/taillights
privacy glass
heated front screen
metallic paint included
removeable towbar
front & rear sensors
side assist

£6,700 over current spec for the 150 DSG with around £7,000 options

Last edited:
150dsg otr £64307

199ps dsg £67097 OTR
199ps 4 motion dsg £70629 OTR

main feature is either grey /silver contrast roof and mirrors...

Last edited by a moderator:
First sold this pm, turmeric yellow...

These look lovely. Congratulations!

Have they confirmed the front opening bellows is available here? Looked for a new pricelist today but the old one was still online.

Back