Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Splt charger upgrade

Tompoole

Tompoole

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi People,
I’ve had the Cali for 2 years now, it’s been a blast but after many years travelling in an old landrover I think the battery set up in Cali isn’t good so wondered if anyone upgraded split charge system to a dc to dc type like ctek or red arc ?
I think it only has a simple solenoid which is terribly inefficient and no way of using Aux batteries to start camper if main battery is flat.
If anyone’s upgraded what have you used?

I’ve just put an Ablemail 30amp one in my Beach. Really easy to fit. Martyn at Travelvolts will sort out a kit for you and help with any advice. loz did a very good write up on fitting a Redarc unit if you search for dc to dc charger.

An alternative is to turn on a heated seat or the headlights every time you start it, to override the blue motion charging limitations.

An alternative is to turn on a heated seat or the headlights every time you start it, to override the blue motion charging limitations.
Been waiting to see if anyone was going to ask if this is a serious suggestion?
I will have to then !
Will this stop the negative current flow from leisure to engine battery ?
I will not try it as against all my principles as in turn everything off when starting . Will someone please try this and let me know??
Happy last ever 2019 Saturday night ....

Been waiting to see if anyone was going to ask if this is a serious suggestion?
I will have to then !
Will this stop the negative current flow from leisure to engine battery ?
I will not try it as against all my principles as in turn everything off when starting . Will someone please try this and let me know??
Happy last ever 2019 Saturday night ....
Yes it works. I have LED lights, not sure if this is relevant. You can watch the current flow on the control panel. You just have to turn them on and leave them on at any time to override the blue-motion.