Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sportline Rear Lights Fitted

James

James

Top Poster
VIP Member
So my time with the full fat Cali comes to an end this week and I get the Beach Back (looking forward to that).

Purchased myself these some weeks ago

rlights_zpse6aab7a3.jpg

Rubbish pic I know but they are a nice set of slightly darker Sportline Rear Lights. Darker than standard Beach lights and should be nice against the yellow and black detail.

I'm hoping to fit them over the weekend with some trusted help :)

Re: Sportline Rear Lights

plug n play we hope ...... :laugh2 :D

Yes plug and play, very very easy to fit too!

cheers

Thanks Alex :) I've still got your PM

Bit of overkill as I know I could get the lights tinted at a fraction of the price. But I like the OEM aspect :)

James

So my time with the full fat Cali comes to an end this week and I get the Beach Back (looking forward to that).

Purchased myself these some weeks ago

rlights_zpse6aab7a3.jpg

Rubbish pic I know but they are a nice set of slightly darker Sportline Rear Lights. Darker than standard Beach lights and should be nice against the yellow and black detail.

I'm hoping to fit them over the weekend with some trusted help :)

Okay - the lights have been fitted. A moment of concern as they did not look much different or darker to the existing lights.

But they have a darker profile.

RearLight2_zpsd6f350e5.jpg

As opposed to the standard lights which are more of a cherry red

RearLight3_zpsfc0242a5.jpg

Thanks for Lee's help they are now fitted and look great i think. I think these lights are also fitted to Ed25's.

Really easy to fit, two screws and they pop out and they are simply plug and play.

RearLight1_zps1cd1e8cb.jpg

Not cheap but I think a really nice edition.

James

James

No worries fella ...it was good to see you and they do look better i must agree.... They are on my ever growing list ... :lol:

Argo&Liebe said:
Well done James, they look good on the yellow van :clap :clap :clap

Thank you - it was one of the reasons I fitted them. There's a lot of black detailing on the yellow vans and they seemed to compliment it

James

I'm thinking of fitting some JOM LED light bar lights to the rear of my '08 LHD Cali - anybody done this?
Mine's white (grey-white in VW speak,) so I'm thinking of the smoked ones, and then generally starting to customise the rest of it bit by bit (also thinking of the JOM DRL headlight units too [again, black units])
Have just (reluctantly) changed my reg. from German ( where I bought the Cali) to Spanish.... to say it tried my patience would be an understatement!!

Thinking of attending COTF 2014 if I can fit it in with work... ( BIG drive from S. Spain, but should be fun!)

:D

Really easy to fit, two screws and they pop out and they are simply plug and play.

James

Hi James. When the two screws are removed, what direction does the cluster come off? Also, does this expose all the bulbs to change them? I removed the two screws but it seems like too much force was going to be needed to remove the cluster. Are there hooks on the outside connecting the clusters to the side panels?

Thanks.

When you take the screws off if I remember correctly you just have to apply a bit force and the lights come out. It's just plug and play

James

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. Yeah, I've taken the screws out and applied as much force as I am happy with but it still seems like the cluster is clipped/connected to the exterior panel on the outside of the light cluster. I have the same year model as yours so cannot imagine any design differences. I just have a habit of using too much force and breaking stuff = clumsy.

All done, removing the lights is more a technique of pushing them out with the palm of your hand pressed on the inside than pulling them towards you. Pushing them out horizontally is less to release on the 2/3 circular holes on the plastic lugs. That's what I found anyway. And I didn't break anything. :thumb

Good stuff - I haven't got my van anymore - but the sportline lights look fantastic :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, mine has the Sportline kit on it. This may be a question too far, but can you remember with the lights if the near side rear foglight worked? I've just checked mine, as I noticed this morning that the near side light was not working, I wondered if I had loosed something. After taking the light off again and comparing it with the offside, there is no wire in pin 5 for that light. My only guess is that the previous owner upgraded them but the standard cluster does not have a near side rear fog light.

More Googling reveals rear fogs are offside only.

Back